Chapter 28

Stiles' POV

Just then, the door to my room opened revealing a very agonized looking Malachi...

He took a deep breathe as he stepped in. I hadn't said a word to him. I was still in the aftershocks of the nasty dream I had though it was barely night according to the sun rays that illuminated their light in the room.

Malachi took a deep breathe, he was acting as if he had seen a ghost or something far more terrifying.

"You saw it too, right?". He asked as he sat on the edge of the bed I was still on, his back facing me. His shoulders were high with tension.

Something was bothering him. He wasn't relaxed. I wasn't relaxed either.

"Saw what?". I questioned back.

He took in a shuddering breathe then exhaled it out. "I know you saw it too. It will be as you saw".

"Yo dude, drop the parables and go straight to the point". I muttered out, confused and feeling a bit of exhausted but he stood up from the bed and left my room without another word.

I had to look for Lux. Like seriously, when was the last time I had such bad dreams?... Why wasn't her spell of protection from such dreams not working?.

What on earth was going on?.

I took a deep breathe as I stood up from the bed and tried to locate where my shoes were.

They were at the door. I walked up to them and was about to bend so as to pick them up but I suddenly felt light headed.

Quickly standing uprightly to compose myself but my sight got blurry and I felt weak.

Two strong arms were holding me up and I could hear someone call my name from a far. I couldn't quite make out whom was holding me or who was calling my name cause I wasn't sure if I was still in my dream or back in reality.

This was weird.

Something wasn't right.

What was wrong with me?.

"Stiles?... Stiles! Can you hear me?". The firm voice came again but however firm it was, I could still hear the tinge of concern alongside it.

I closed my eyes then tried to take in a calming deep breathe before opening them again.

My sight was coming back to me and I could now see the said arms holding me upright so as to not fall over.

Tracing them to the owner, I came face to face with Derek.

Derek?.

Why was he in my room?.

I looked past his shoulder to see the door wide ajar. The door had been shut before if my memory was correct.

I looked back at him, worry lines etched deep on his forehead as he looked back at me.

"H-How?.. How did you get in here?". I asked with slight hesitation as my eyes moved down to where his arms were holding me. He was following my eyes with his because he slowly let go of me as if he was afraid I would fall over the next minute.

This was getting weird.

"Your door wasn't locked silly!". He answered, his expression still the same.

I raised a brow at him, "Why are you here?".

"I could smell your distress and I felt that something wasn't right so I came". He replied as he looked at me once again... As if he was studying me.