Chapter 23

Stiles' POV

Tears streamed down my cheeks. I was now taking in short tight breathes as if someone was forbidding me from air breathing...or whatever that is all I know is that a panic attack was approaching... I was confused and afraid and Oh God... I didn't understand what was going on.

My lungs felt tight. My throat and mouth felt dry. I tried to talk but nothing was coming out so I snapped my mouth shut whenever I opened it. Too many feelings at once... How would you act if you learnt that your best friend who was like a brother to you, who was dead not long than twenty four hours ago is not really dead?. I mean, I should be happy... Excited that he's not dead but alive but still, how comes he isn't dead?. How?.

I heard his apology... It was full of regret and it was sad. I saw his body taken away by the parademics, Lydia screamed when he died... How comes Scott is not dead?. It's not that I'm not happy he's alive... Hell, I was already missing him all I just wanted to know was how this was possible.

Lux looked at me apologetically, her eyes rimmed with unshed tears.

"I'm sorry Stiles. I should have told you immediately we came back". She said in a cracked small voice.

Red came in the kitchen followed by Derek and the others.

"Is it true?". Kira asked, her eyes red and swollen but hopeful.

"What is this that we're hearing?. Scott's body being MIA?". Derek asked.

"It's true. The Sheriff just called to inform us". Peter replied not turning to look at his nephew. "And Lux here says that Scott isn't dead!". He added.

Worry. Fear. Confusion. Derek's emotions... He was worried, afraid of what was happening and yet confused about it. My senses or rather my powers we're sharper this time... I could feel everyone's emotions in the room blanketing around me only making the state I was in worse.. I was almost having a panic attack and at a point looking at Lux, I thought that she was going to have one also.

"What?". Derek half yelled. "Impossible!". He muttered as he took a step away.

Peter smirked, "Nothing's impossible nephew. Look at me, I was dead but now I am alive!". He said with a small raise of the hands. If I was able I could have rolled my eyes at that. Being dead then coming back to life in a most treacherous way like the way he did is not amiable. It's nothing to be proud of at all.

"Scott was killed. His soul was trapped so as to be used. The Scott you guys  know is dead. The one coming is totally different from the one you knew. Obviously, the soul wanted a body to use and it went back to the one it was used to." Guardian Yellow explained.

"So I'm not the only zombie!". Peter huffed, Guardian Red chuckled but quickly kept quiet as Keeper sent him a cold glare.

"What?! At least I came back being sane compared to our Scotty boy whose coming back insane and ruthless.. Who knows he might be worse than I was". Peter continued.

"Shut up Peter!". I yelled more tears streaming down my cheeks.
I know Scott wasn't my friend anymore but I couldn't stand it anymore when Peter told out that remark. Scott's death had been so painful and this news? ... It was too much to take in. This was too much and at times getting used to the fact that you're not in a normal world like other people is a lot to get used to... I mean I'm always tangled in the supernatural stuff ever since insane Peter bit Scott that night in the woods... It's not like that I mind it but it's not easy. It's not really easy.

"Was just saying the truth!". He added before he kept quiet raising his hands in surrender when I turned to look at him. I was sure that my eyes were red rimmed with both shed and unshed tears.