She Can Be Saved

(maximus POV )

I keep a steady head running, dodging, ducking, and avoiding. All the obstacles in my way mean nothing as I Race for the parachute. Slipping and securing it on my back I take a running start, then leap out of the aircraft. Straightening my body I dive after my sister, I spot her falling backwards and used all my will to catch up, derbies falling with me, metal, plastic, anything you would find on a plane. I watched as a huge chunk of metal cross her path and screamed her name, She Looked up at me, eyes wide with fear, yet absolutely silent. Arylan collided with the metal and was knocked right below me, her eyes now closed, her arms were outstretched as the wind whipped by me. I dove and kept my body absolutely still, I felt something splash across my face, it wasn't a lot, a few drops maybe, but My eyes widened as I wiped the crimson off my cheek. I was close, so close, I finally grabbed her hand. Pulling her into my body with one arm, I pulled the parachute release with the other. As we slowed I held my sister close to me, burring my face in her hair we touched down on the ground and I fell to my knees, crateling her body I prayed to any and or all gods that she would be okay. I heard the plane land, it was a rough landing, but Marcus did it. I don't know how long I sat hugging my sister, but as I felt a hand on my shoulder I didn't look up. "Max, come on, we have to fix the plane" "I can't". Hawk sighed "what do you mean? "My sister is hurt, and it's my fault, I can't do this anymore" Hawk rubbed his face, "come on man, let's get her somewhere safe, the missile hit the wing, but the body of the plane is fine." I nodded and lifted up arylan, and carried her over to the plane. Setting her down in a seat I trusted myself to walk outside without her. Marcus was counting silently, moving his hands as if he was completing equations. Jackie was passed out, she was hunched over against the side of the plane sleeping. I took a seat next to her, and followed her example. I wake up to marcus screaming " HOLY GODS I DID IT " and running around frantically searching for something. We all started stirring and stretching, "Marcus what are you talk about?" Hawk questioned. "I found Jade."