Chapter 1: A Rocky Start

Hey, my wonderful readers!

So, I know that it's only been a couple days, but I wanted to share this first chapter with you.

This chapter was written by me, so there's quite a difference between my writing style and Char's writing style.

The prologue was about Tango and his experience with "inheriting" his new powers and how his family disappeared.

This is about Impulse and Zedaph (thus completing Team ZIT) and their perspective during the same event.

Now, without further ado, I give you A Rocky Start.

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun has barely risen over the horizon and the seaside port town of Hermitville is already bustling with activity.

Farmers caring for their gardens, fishermen sailing out and bringing their catch in, and merchants coming and going with their wares.

Set towards the back of the town sits a large house with a garden attached to one side and a horse shelter on the other side.

Toiling in the garden, the owner of the house stands up to admire his work. Heaving his sickle up over his shoulder, he pulls a sweaty rag from his back pocket to wipe the beads of sweat off his forehead before resuming his work once again.

"Impulse!"

He looks up to see his next door neighbor that he shares the garden with. "Oh, hey, Zedaph," Impulse says, standing up and dusting his hands off. "What's up?"

Zedaph chuckles. "Are we gonna go take care of fishing today?" he asks, his short blonde hair blowing softly in the summer breeze.

Impulse nods. "I just have to finish the harvest of the wheat," he replies, combing his fingers through his sweaty brown hair.

Zedaph nods. "Okay, I'll go get the boat ready," he says.

Impulse smiles and puts his hand on one of the fence posts. "Thanks, Zed. I appreciate all the hard work you've been doing lately," he says, waving to his cousin as the blonde walks towards the pier.

"Now, back to what I was doing." Impulse gets to his knees once again, but is interrupted by the pitter-patter of little feet behind him.

"Daddy! Daddy!" a little voice calls and a little weight lands on his back.

"What's up, my little Juneberry?" Impulse asks, gently pulling his daughter over his shoulder and setting her in his lap.

"Mama helped me with my hair," the 7-year-old says excitedly.

Impulse smiles widely. "Wow, that's awesome," he replies, giving her a hug. "What style is your hair?"

"I gave her a braid," his wife says, carrying their 2-year-old son on her back. "It was hard, though, because June here wouldn't stop squirming."

"Pa!" the little boy squeaks happily, running to his dad after his mom puts him on the ground.

"Rawr!" Impulse roars playfully, making the kids run a short distance away and out of his reach. "I'm gonna get you."