Chapter 2: Frenzied Fight or ... Flight?

Hey, everyone!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I'm back now with another chapter.

Enjoy!

Word Count: 1965

Written by @PhoenixFire_K20

~~——++•++——~~

The early morning hours are the best time to watch the birds. In the dim light, birds are beginning to wake and sing their songs about the sunrise.

For one resident in the small hunting and farming village of Sweetberry, early morning dawn is a wonderful time to go for a walk.

The blonde quietly closes the door behind him so he doesn't wake his exhausted younger brother and stretches his arms above his head, his shoulders tense from sleeping.

He walks around the village, most of the residents still sleeping.

After his walk, he heads back through the heart of the village towards the house he shares with his brother and fiancée.

"Hey, Grian," a younger woman with dark blonde hair says, yawning as she walks towards him. "I didn't hear you get up."

Grian chuckles and leans forward to press a soft kiss on her forehead. "I apologize, Melody," he replies softly. "I just didn't want to wake you."

She shakes her head. "Let me know when you decide to go because I'd like to go with you sometime," she says.

Grian nods. "Okay, I'll remember," he says.

"Promise?"

Grian nods. "Promise."

Melody smiles, her dark blonde hair blowing softly in the morning breeze.

"What's your plan for today?" Grian asks.

Melody shrugs. "Got a hunting party to lead in a little bit," she replies, crossing her arms. "Other than that, nothing else."

Grian grins and pulls her into a gentle hug. "Sounds fun," he says softly. "Be safe."

Melody nods into his shoulder and hugs him back. "I will." She lets go and walks off to go get her gear ready.

Grian lets a big sigh out and sits down on a nearby log.

A tall, raven-haired man with messy hair and a lopsided mustache stumbles out of the house, nearly falling flat on his face.

Grian watches the scene unfold and successfully stifles a laugh. "Morning, Mumbo!" he calls, getting to his feet.

The black-haired man turns around and nearly falls again due to his feet not wanting to move. "Oh, hey, Grian," he replies tiredly, unable to hide a yawn. "How long have you been up?"

Grian looks at him, skeptical. "I've been up before the sun," he replies, confused. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason."