𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Bᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ Lᴀʟɪsᴀ's Pᴏᴠ

We were a few miles away from the Vantae Corp, inside Jungkook's van. It was crammed with security cameras and other technical equipments. He was checking whether the audio devices were working well so that I could wear them.

"Doll, you seem to be struggling with your earpiece. Should I help you wear it?" "I don't seem to mind it but hurry up please."

I handed him the tiny earpiece I was supposed to wear so that I could secretly communicate with Guk. He slid my hair to one side and leaned into my ear to fix the earpiece. Our closeness wasn't helping either, his warm breath kept fanning my neck. I immediately faced him after the earpiece was fixed to avoid any awkward situation. Otherwise he could've seen the visible blush spread on my face.

"I-I'll be heading in then?" "Oh...okay. Doll, give your best. Hwaiting!" After a small cheer up, I got down from the van and headed towards the big office complex, "Vantae Corp" engraved in the walls on top of the support pillars.

I came clean handed at the security desk, with just a yadom (mind you, it is a pepper spray) and a pocket knife disguised under a lipstick. The security staff eyed my attire composed of a little flowy dress reaching my knees, which made me build up confidence to I lure Taehyung. I found a pretty girl sitting on the reception desk, with a worrisome look on her face. Her eyes kept drifting to the telephone beside her, and she silently and grumpily kept cussing at it while occasionally trying to keep up with work she couldn't focus on. "How does damn thing work again?" She was visibly annoyed but managed to keep a stoic face.

"Miss, is there something that's bothering you? I shall help you out." "Oh, I'm so sorry ma'am for bothering you, it's this telephone, it hasn't been working around an hour. I'm trying to fix this device while pretending to work." "I understand. Now let me magically fix it."

As I leaned over the desk, my dress got a little higher giving an inappropriate exposure to  my long legs that attracted the men in vicinity, as I could see them from the corner of my eyes staring at me. Looking into the problem, I figured out: the cord had accidentally fallen off the receiver almost hidden under the stack of papers lying around. As soon as I connected it the phone started working again with bunch of calls.

"Wahh! You're really sweet, literally my guardian angel! I am Chou Tzuyu by the way." The girl extended her hand, her eyes sparkling. "I'm Lisa Bruschweiler. Remember we talked yesterday?" The girl suddenly flushed down in embarrassment, doing a facepalm remembering our conversation earlier. How cute!

"Oh...sorry about yesterday, I should've been more careful. Actually I started working here recently, yesterday was my first day and I wasn't acquainted with everything here and I messed up," she couldn't bring herself to meet my eyes so I cheered her up. "Tzuyu, we all have our firsts someday right? Now cheer up, we got a long way to go!" Her face lit up and we laughed.

We exchanged numbers and chit chatted for around a minute or so, when Tzuyu was informed that Mr Kim had just ended his meeting and he was free now. Tzuyu was clearly a bubbly girl, nearly the same age as me, and obviously different from all the secretaries I've met before. The other secretaries greeted me with fake smiles, eyed me with animosity as if they already knew I was going to seduce their boss. Tzuyu showed a genuineness, commitment to her job, I liked her already.

(A/N: this author is soft for TzuLis bits, so you'll find their friendship moments from time to time throughout the story!)

She took me to the elevator that opened at the 21st floor into a huge office cabin. We entered inside and there he was. The son of Apollo himself. He was randomly checking some files and then  he turned to meet us. Tzuyu introduced us and returned back to do her work.