𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

"So, what's next?" Jungkook asked as I propped onto the couch in his apartment.

"Honestly, my brain isn't working right now. I have no plans to execute within this week. First Taehyung wants a break from us and now this replacement drama." I frowned, whilst Jungkook convincingly patted my back.

"If I'm being brutally honest, I don't wish to work with Yeri. I don't care how talented Sehun says she is, I know we will succeed only and only because of you, Lisa. So if there's any person I want to work with in this mission and hopefully the rest, it will always be you."

Hesitant to talk any further, Jungkook sighed and simply left for his room, giving me some time to reflect upon myself.

Although my mission is to lure Taehyung, I seem to be dwelling into Jungkook. More than I should be. He maybe a cocky sidekick but I can see it; he's trying to hide his feelings so that it doesn't hurt him if I reject him. I can't deny either, certainly I like him because then I wouldn't have got unnecessarily jealous and furiously drunk.

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to drive away all the feelings within myself. I need to be careful so that I don't get distracted anymore. A little more courage, I guess.

I thought about certain ways the whole night until an idea struck my head.

Tzuyu.

We hadn't been in touch since the charity ball. She could be my way into the mission again! If I can't make Taehyung fall for me, at least I could make him fall for Tzuyu.

I know, it's wrong to drag the innocent girl into this mission but there was nothing I could do. I as desperate and helpless. Moreover, what majorly could make this situation a think win-win was that Tzuyu loved Taehyung and I knew she wouldn't break his heart. She could at least keep him happy, something I can't do.

The next day:

I called up Tzuyu to meet her at one of the downtown restaurants. I waited for her outside the place with all hopes. Once she was here, we settled down as I apologized.

"I'm sorry Tzuyu, I didn't mean to hide my identity from you. I know it might come as a shock for you to know that I'm the survivor of an attack almost a decade back, it was a need..."

She caressed my hand, rubbing it between her palms.

"Hey, relax. I understand Lisa. I researched the incident myself and I hope no child should suffer from the horror you went through in your childhood. I would've given up the urge to live, had it happened with me. I ain't brave like you, I envy that. But I'm always here for you, like a true friend."

I was touched. I considered Tzuyu as a friend now. All these years living as an imposter - for every other mission, I haven't opened up to any outsider. Tzuyu thought of me as a great friend, and here was I - using her for my benefit. If she ever found out about me, I am fully convinced she would never forgive me. I am guilty of not being a good friend to her, despite the fact that she means everything to me as a friend.

"Lisa? What is it? Yah, don't overthink about anything. You look stressful."

"No, nothing. You know, I should be envious of you. You have such a big heart Tzuyu, when they say some people are beautiful in and out, I can be sure it reminds me of you."

"Ooh, where's the compliment coming from?" Her lips curved into a cute pout, she was seemingly trying to tease me.

"No sis, I was just stating facts. Infact, I sneakily shipped you with Taehyung and I wished you two to end up together, had he not been engaged..."