𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

It was already night time when I woke up from my sleep. I wasn't used to resting in bed for so long. It gave me tons of boredom and cramps.

I got hold of the bed handle and tried to get up and walk around. I successfully removed the drip and stood by the windowsill. Suddenly a dark figure jumped into the room through the window.

Due to the sudden invasion, I couldn't help but topple over the man on the ground with a thud. I instantly recognized the face; it was Jungkook.

"Why do you always have to surprise me with these creepy jumpscares?" I muttered under my breath after getting up.

"And may I ask why are you casually walking around when you should be resting? Shall I tuck you to bed?" He said with a smirk when he saw me blush. I was being extremely vulnerable in front of him, this had to stop.

"No need. I'll do it myself. By the way why didn't you come visit me earlier? I drifted to sleep waiting if you'd visit me. You are so late." I asked and he was suddenly taken aback. This wasn't exactly I had expected to meet him after the kiss I had shared with Tae.

"You waited for me? Now that's something new...." He whispered to himself. "What do you mean by that? I can hear you, you knowㅡ"

"I was looking for clues to find the assassin....behind this attack."

"Yeah we have to find him. Didn't that person recognize me that I'm the Seductress, even though I'm undercover for a mission?"

"You don't have to worry. I studied the neighborhood CCTVs and tracked the vehicle that was spotted leaving the scene. Turns out it was Sana who paid the shooter to kill you. I....I'm so sorry doll I couldn't protect you at that moment. I just couldn't figure out....." Jungkook said in a sorrowful tone, as if blaming himself over this carelessness.

"No Guk. Don't pity me please. I should've been more careful when I knew she she wanted me dead. I was distracted by the paparazzi. I have to take care of the assassin before he gets to know that he couldn't kill meㅡ"

I tried getting up from my bed again but this time Guk forcefully pushed me to lay down.

"You have been shot for goodness sake. And don't worry about the assassin, I have made sure he doesn't come back and hurt you again."

"How can you be so sure of this? What did you do, Raven?"

"Well, let's say I ensured he doesn't see the light again."

Jungkook's POV;

I tracked down the car which led me to a small cottage near the woods in the outskirts of Seoul. It had dark painted walls and I found the silhouette of a man smoking inside.

As soon as I entered the place, my jaw dropped. My old acquaintance, Yoon Oh stood there, looking directly into my eyes with a smug smile.

(A/N: if you probably don't remember, Yoon Oh was also Lisa's ex and I had explained about him in the very first chapter itself.)

"So it is you who did this." I said expressionless.

"I knew you would come looking here for me Jungkook. Long time, no see dear friend!" He exclaimed and I stood in disgust.

Yoon Oh and I have worked in many past missions together. He was a fuckboy and always played with all the female clients we had worked on, or worked with. Naturally, he was never serious about relationships until one day he said he had fallen for his partner at a government mission. Later due to some penalties he was abandoned from the MIO and that's how we lost contact.

"Didn't you say you loved Lali? And now you went on to kill her? How dare you, Yoon Oh." I clenched my fists in anger.

"Lali? Miss Seductress you mean. I must that she was one of the longest flings I had. But that bitch was the reason my career ended. She wasn't even suspended, while I was kicked out of the agency I had dedicated half of my life training for." He said, perplexed with what he did was right.