𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

I shivered at the very moment I realized I was unsafe and whoever placed the envelope might be hiding at some corner of my house. But Jungkook?

He was completely oblivious of the picture I had found.

His life was at a greater risk, what if the person tracks him down before he makes way to my house? He could be shot right before he could reach me, and I absolutely didn't want to lose him!

I repeatedly tried to call him through my earpiece, but the connection blurred out before I could make a call and all I could hear was some static noise. Before he could get attacked, I had to step in and save him.

No, i didn't care if he had warned me to stay in my room. Not at least when his life -

I heard some shuffling voices down the hall after I heard my main door close. I wasn't sure if these were just my hallucinations or somebody did enter inside. I was already very weak and scared to death at this moment. But alerted, I decided to go down and check anyway. Gripping onto my gun, I took quick and steady strides towards the hall downstairs. I had purposely dimmed the lights of the room, making it difficult to walk around and identify objects clearly.

I was stunned when I heard Jungkook's voice.

"Uhm...Lalisa?" He called out and I spot him - standing close to the window in my kitchen. Just when I was approaching him, I caught a glimpse through my window - of some men in black leathered jackets running in towards a deserted alley across the street - one of them stopped midway and turned towards us, aiming the target at Jungkook who was busy addressing me about my health.

Without giving away a second thought, I instantly pulled him down to the kitchen floor, managing to dodge the bullet which sharply pierced through the window - directly hitting the couch.

Guk was shocked at the sudden jerk too, for he widened his eyes in a seemingly questionable stare as I laid over his torso in the narrow space.

"Woah, what was-" I silenced him by sealing my lips on his. I didn't care about anything else; all I needed was to make sure if Jungkook was alright. I was terrified beyond words and he knew better, for he started to caress my back while softly kissing me back a little and stepping away a moment later.

"What is going on, Lalisa? Why is it that you're holding a gun in your hand, I clearly instructed you not to get out of your room, didn't I? Then- ow!"

"Now stop your rapid fire if you want another jab on your other elbow." I folded my arms and snickered as he mockingly wailed holding his left arm.

"I swear to you doll-"

"I have something to tell you Jungkook...I think I know who killed Tzuyu." Jungkook suddenly left his arm looking all serious, his eyes looking for answers.

"Tell me."

"Here. Look at this."

I handed him the picture and his face went pale.

"Pledis...?" He asked, unconvinced.

I couldn't help but reluctantly nod. "Queen Bee, she's got a clear idea that I'm now deeply involved with Taehyung. I guess she even knew about my intentions of using Tzuyu to trap Taehyung."

"Why would she hurt Tzuyu if she knows you're vulnerable? That's impractical."

"She targeted her because she knew I had nothing to lose, Guk. Tzuyu's death....is my fault." I broke down into tears, Jungkook wrapping his arms around mine capturing me in his warm embrace.

"Why exactly are you running away from her, Lisa? I remember asking this question to you when you blacked out once but you dodged it. I want to know now." He said moments later, breaking the hug.