𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

A/N: prepare your tissues please :')

Lalisa's POV.

Jungkook stayed beside me the whole night after which we awkwardly bid goodbye to each other as he left my apartment. I still couldn't bring myself to believe that we actually did 'that'.

We were very much embarrassed about the events that happened some nights ago, maybe the reason why we were still awkward whenever we met for the briefing at the headquarters.

What a torture it was to stifle our emotions behind our smiles as we pretended to comprehend what Sehun explained, whilst stealing glances from each other.

In the back of my head, I was still taken aback by how fast Taehyung moved on, however I was happy for Tzuyu. She was unaware of the beef between us but nevertheless, I was starting to see her as a true friend. I was convinced that I could get the job done with or without seducing Taehyung as long as Tzuyu was there to support him. So in a way, my happiness laid in her happiness.

Tzuyu texted me that she was going to have a grand dinner at one of the most exquisite clubs with some of the investors. She was overwhelmed; she believed Taehyung was really into her which made me relieved too. After a long while, I could finally have a good night's sleep since this was progressing smooth.

I slept soundly that night, until I was woken up by a phone call early in the morning.

Still sleepy, I picked it up without checking the caller ID whilst rubbing my eyes. But the voice speaking over suddenly sent shivers to me spine and I jolted awake.

"T-Taehyung...?"

I could hear him heavily breathing, as if he just experienced a nightmare.

"L-Lisa....Tz-Tzuyu."

I could feel my heart pounding loudly inside my chest.

"What about her? Taeㅡ"

The call abruptly ended, leaving me straight up confused and worried for what had happened. I could swear it was Taehyung's voice, the way he spoke with me in a cracking voice clearly indicated he had been crying.

Without giving my brain any second thought, I rushed out in hope of finding Tzuyu. I tried to call her multiple time on the way but the call wouldn't connect. I even looked for her at her place ㅡ but it was locked. She wasn't there. I guess something bad happened over their date because of which Tzuyu didn't return home.

When I got back into the car, the radio was announcing the news around the town. One particularly, was this ㅡ "Another tragedy surrounding Kim Taehyung? A corpse of a young woman found in the Count Club. The woman is identified to be an employee at Vantae Corp. Cops are investigating the matter."

Could they be talking about Tzuyu? My intuition questioned.

No, that's not true.

My heart was in my throat at this point. I instantly navigated my way to the County Club, hoping that my intuitions were wrong and none of this was true.

The premises were sealed, the place was crowded by the police, the paparazzi and some of the hotel staff who had a state of horror printed on their faces. I found Taehyung standing beside too, in the same shock as they were.

I somehow sneaked in, making my way into the crowd, only to witness the most dreadful sight before my eyes, something I could've never prepared myself to see in this lifetime after my family's death.

I watched how Tzuyu's lifeless body floated face down in the swimming pool, blood oozing out making the pool water turn red. As they tried to take her out of the pool, I was feeling extremely sick to my stomach.