Denial (Chapter 6)

In the next few weeks nothing was the same. They didn't wake up to see her smiling face every morning or find her pranks or machines laying around. Everything was in complete and utter silence without her laughter. Lance and Hunk stayed in each other's rooms only coming out for food and Keith couldn't even walk past the Lab, where Pidge spent most of her time, let alone go past her room without breaking down. As it turned out, Pidge was the glue that kept everyone together, and now she was gone. For good. Everyone knew how Hunk felt about Pidge, and now he could never tell her. Often Coran would call over the comms for Pidge to come and help him with something before realizing she would never help him again, and he would go down in tears.

Shiro struggled with his work, the scene in the cockpit of her Lion playing over and over again in his head. Iverson hadn't let him take a break off work. The Holt's knew the risk for their daughter but it still hit hard. Matt would never work on robots with his little sister again. He was so distraught he decided to shut Chip, the robot he and Pidge had made, down. He couldn't bare to look at the robot without being reminded of her.

About a month after her death, they held a funeral. The Green Lion was kind enough to let Pidge out of the mind-scape to view it. Pidge was left smiling as her mother used her nickname instead of her real name, to honor her. Instead of her body being buried they decided to put it in a cryo-pod. Once the funeral finished, Pidge was brought back into Green's mindscape once again. Hunk would visit her cryopod everyday hoping, just hoping that she'd jump out and yell saying that she was pranking them. 

Three months after Pidge's death something strange happened...

Lance was sitting in front of the Blue Lion, playing his guitar when Blue's eyes started glowing. Lance stopped and dropped his guitar to cover his eye's as the glow got brighter and brighter. When Lance finally opened his eyes, there was a young woman lying on the floor of the hangar. That woman was...

"Allura!!" Lance ran up to the Altean, her eyes widened at the sight of her boyfriend. She got up and ran into his arms. Both of them were crying.

"Guys!" Lance called the other Paladins "You'll never guess who's here"

The other Paladins and Coran ran into the room and gasped when they saw Allura. Everyone was crying and hugging.

"Where's Pidge" Allura asked, breaking away after she had noticed the younger girls absence. The others faces dropped and a feeling of dread washed over Allura.

"What is it?" Allura asked frightened.

"P-pidge died three months ago, during battle" Hunk stammered. Allura put her hands to her mouth and gasped. New tears streaming down her face.

"There was nothing we could do" Keith put his arm on Allura's shoulder. They hugged for maybe an hour before calling Shiro to tell him the news, still half crying.

"How is this possible" Shiro asked concerned.

"I don't know, but Lion must've brought me back for a reason" Allura informed him, her face still wet from the tears of the news of her teammates loss.

"Does that mean Pidge might be brought back!" Hunk exploded and the everyone's faces brightened at the idea.

"Maybe but we can't be certain" Allura continued

"umm sorry to butt in, but is anyone else's wrist tingling" Lance asked concerned. Everyone nodded and peered at their wrists. Strange glowing symbols had appeared on them.

                                                                                        Allura

                                                                                        Allura

                                                                                           Keith

                                                                                           Keith

                                                                                           Lance

                                                                                           Lance

                                                                                             Shiro

                                                                                             Shiro

"Umm do you guys have these weird symbols" Lance chuckled nervously

"Yes it appears we all do" Allura confirmed

"Should we be worried" Keith asked

"No, i don't think so" Allura assured them.

"Oh did we tell you" Keith began

"Coran can create wormholes" Finished Lance

"Really Coran!" Allura looked at the older Altean

"Yes!" Coran chuckled.

The paladins, Shiro and Coran informed Allura what had gone on while she was in the void. They also decided not to inform the world outside the Garrison of Allura's return.