How it starts

After saving National City once again, Kara heads back to work, keeping her secret identity in tact.

It was Kara's lunch break, and she received a message from Clark on her laptop, calling her his hero and complimenting her victory stopping Myriad. Before she could reply, Cat dropped an empty cardboard box on Kara's desk. "What's this?" Kara asked, taking her focus away from Kal. 

"Bankers box, typically used to carry one's meger possessions as they're being escorted to the elevator, in disgrace," Cat began to explain. She then stared picking up Kara's things off the desk and placing them in the box, "Or by force if necessary." Cat continued. 

"What are you doing?" Kara spat out, baffled. "Helping you pack!" Cat replied walking off with Kara's things. Kara followed behind hurriedly "Miss Grant! Whatever I did, whatever you think I did," she rephrased "I can explain.." her voice trailed as Cat passed the elevator, she stopped a moment then resumed her chase after Cat, even more confused now.

Cat led Kara into an office at the end of the corridor, switching the lights on with her elbow, then proceeding to place Kara's box of things on the desk. "W-what is this??" Kara questioned, beyond confused now.
"'This'," Cat sighed, "is your new office!" she exclaimed. "You're not firing me??" by now, Kara was bewildered, astonished, in search of a better description. She had no idea what was going on.

"Oh no no no. I'm promoting you!" A smile crept onto Kara's face, matching Cat's. "For 2 years you have done nothing but arrange my travel, perfectly, and manage my schedule, flawlessly, and you," she paused, think over her choice of words, "have become, the best assistant I have ever had," sighing, "and that is why I have to give you up!" she smiled, though clearly slightly disheartened.

 "For 2 years you have done nothing but arrange my travel, perfectly, and manage my schedule, flawlessly, and you," she paused, think over her choice of words, "have become, the best assistant I have ever had," sighing, "and that is why I have to ...

She and Kara had a close friendship, they admired and respected each other immensely.

Kara was still processing her promotion, "Ah-Wha What am I- What do you want me to do?" Kara asked, baffled.

"Well I want you to find me a new assistant for starters." she stated with the most 'duh!' expression, a usual for Cat Grant. "And then I want you to take a few days, I want you to think about what you want, and then we'll talk."

"Really!? Anything I want!?" Kara looked up, astounded, and flattered. "Well within reason!" of course, Miss Grant confirmed. "-and the pay won't be much different... Or any different. But this is a step up for you!" She said with clear pride in her voice. "This is your end of 'Working Girl' moment." And with that she turned to leave.

Before she'd reached the door Kara spoke up "Miss Grant?", Cat turned around, "The end of 'Working Girl' always made me cry." Kara spoke, tears forming in her eyes. Happy tears. Thank you tears. I'm gonna miss you tears. "Me too," Cat confessed with a deep breath and a broad smile. "Kara." And then she left, leaving a very pleased, happy-hearted, alien behind.