Lunch :)

LENA'S POV

'I don't know what I was thinking. I know I wanted to distract her so I could take the envelope from her, but now?...'

'I've distracted myself. I can't help but stare into those diamond pools. Feel her breath hot against my skin. How have I done this to myself???'

My hand was holding hers in place on my lower back. My fingers intertwined with her's.

I closed my eyes, in hope she would too. She did. I could feel her closeness.

'Two options, kiss her, the way your heart wants you to, or, take the envelope like your brain wants you to. Both options were governed by curiosity.'

'I wasn't sure if this was cruel, it was certainly cruel to myself, to put myself right there in her arms. Then know to let her go because we could never have anything between us. But was it cruel to take advantage of her like this?'

I opened my eyes, and snatched the envelope from her hand and jumped back.

"Wha- LENA!" She yelled, opening her eyes too, seeing me hold the envelope close to me. She tried to take it back from me, but again, I turned my back to her. This time she tried to reach around me.

My back was pressed against her body, her left hand restraining mine. And her right holding back my right arm.

I was holding onto the paper in my right hand, and the envelope dropped, flying away in the wind. Her eyes followed it, and I could sense her feeling a little torn over going after it, or me.

Supergirl's wholesome morality lead her to stopping the envelope from being littered instead of me seeing her 'personal writing stuff' or whatever it really was.

I almost felt bad for her. So kind, so helpful and so helplessly good.

Supergirl, came back with the empty envelope in hand, "Lena! Wait! Don't!"
But I didn't listen, I turned the paper around and-

My jaw dropped. The world fell back down on me. Nothing felt real. Like the world just froze.

"What?" I said under my breath, trying to get my brain to function again.

'Am I seeing things? Has my wishful thinking begun to twist reality? Or am I looking at a very flattering sketch of myself? It's beautiful. The skill I mean. She is so talanted. Wait. She was drawing me? Is that why she kept looking at me!? Fuck!? What does that mean!? Does it mean anything!?'

I turned around, my body facing her, but I couldn't stop staring at the masterpiece she'd drawn ...of me.

"Woah!"

I gulped, very visibly. Somehow my mouth had also suddenly gone dry.

"Supergirl..."

"Oh Rao! I'm so sorry Lena! I barely realised I was doing it! I'm sorry!" She snatched the paper out of my hand and put it back in the envelope.

She flew off and returned a few moments later, presumably to hide it at home. I still stood there, stunned. Still trying to figure out what that meant. Or if it meant something.

Supergirl stood there looking back at me, I could see the growing anxiety in her eyes, her face as red as her cape.

"Lena? Oh Rao! Say something!"

"Supergirl?"

"Yeah?"

"You're staring at me!" I just laughed. And my heart began to beat again.