First Night

NARRATOR'S POV

Between the three of them (Lena, Supergirl and Superman) it had been decided that Lena would hire her own security detail for the night, but the two supes take turns keeping watch while on late night patrols.

Superman flew to Kara after stopping a robbery downtown, she was sitting on the same ledge as they had been earlier that day, keeping watch as Lena sat at her office desk working. "Hey, does she always work this late?" he asked her as he sat down next to her.

"I don't know, probably. She seems the workaholic type." she smiled at him. He smiled sleepily back.

"You look tired."

"You don't." he teased, though, also wondering why she wasn't. Little did he know, it was thoughts of Lena that had been keeping her wide awake.

"D'you wanna head back? I can take it from here on my own." she said, with a reassuring look.

"You sure?" he replied, his tone suggested he felt guilty about leaving so soon. "I can stay a while longer."

"Nah, it's okay. We can't have you nodding off at the DEO tomorrow. J'onn'll have you training against Alex for hours!" she laughed.

"Yeah, I'll go now then. Goodnight Kara, see you in the morning." he kissed her forehead and pulled her in for a hug. Returning the gestures, Supergirl waved him off as he flew back to her place.

The night was warm, and the stars were bright and beautiful, so she lay down to get a better view. Kara thought about how different the sky looked from Krypton. All the different constellations, and the planets in the sky. You could see Daxam, big and full all through the night and into the day. They may not have been the best of people, but their planet was beautiful, from the sky at least.

She turned her head, she saw Lena, still sitting there, still working. She was wearing different clothes than she had been earlier. She was wearing a fitted black dress which reached her knees and draped over her shoulders to allow cleavage.

Lena had picked up her cup of coffee and taken a large sip, then she checked the time on her phone, it read ' 01:24 '. From her rooftop view, she saw Lena yawn, and return to her computer.

"Okay, that's it." Supergirl muttered to herself. 'She can't stay up all night!' she thought to herself as she flew over to Lena's balcony. She landed quietly and knocked softly on the glass. Lena jumped back in surprise. She then turned to Supergirl with a pointed look on her face, more like a what-the-hell look actually, with a hint of awkward.

"Oh God. Supergirl, you scared me!" she said, opening the door and allowing the caped hero to enter.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Don't worry, you're not going to die." she cringed, 'that came out badly'.

"..yet. Ok I'll stop with that." Supergirl sighed.

"I just thought it was late, and I should take you home. Wait No! Not What I Meant!" Supergirl's face fell into her hands. "Oh Rao!" she said, though it was muffled by her hands.

Lena laughed, anxiously. She knew it wasn't what she meant, but she couldn't help but think about it, about her. About them both, together, alone, in her apartment, all night. She was holding her breath.

Supergirl perked her head up, hearing Lena's heart race increase. That only made her blush more, which evidently, was somehow possible.

To anyone else, it would have seemed as though they'd set a competition to see which useless gay could blush more and feel more awkward and nervous. It was a clear tie.