Dive!

NARRATOR POV

AT THE DEO

Winn is looking closely at the broken pieces of the drones from the attack earlier on, which were lain out on the main table at the DEO.

"These are like state of the state of the art! Kind of like something my dad would have built during one of his more murdery moments" he flinched at the thought.

Winn's father wasn't exactly dad of the year. He became a murderer, a crazy one. He was a toy-maker turned mass-murderer. He originally only had one target, but it went wrong and killed 5 people instead. Since prison, he escaped once, and almost killed hundreds at a toy convention. Basically, he wasn't a very nice guy.

"We've acquired to get a partial print off the wreckage. John Corban." Alex turned to face the screen, where a profile of John Corban was being shown.

"International assassin for hire. He's been linked to Intergang, Kasnian terrorists and the genocide in Corto Maltese. If you want somebody high-profile killed, this is the guy to hire. But who would want Lena Luthor dead?" She continued, then waited for the others to take it in.

Winn turned his head to look around, "Hey, where's Kara?"

"Trying to talk Lena out of going through with the renaming ceremony." Clark replied, with a huffy sigh.

"Sounds like shes just as stubborn as her brother." Alex said, and Clark nodded in clear agreement.

"I'll have Agent Danvers on hand. This Corben doesn't sound like he cares who gets hurt so long as he gets his target." J'onn instructs.

"Kara and I will be there too." Clark assured with a nod, then the group dispersed.

><><><><

KARA'S/SUPERGIRL'S POV

I hadn't noticed how long it had been when Kal flew by and sat next to me.
He followed my gaze to Lena in her office.

"Hey Kar, you alright?" He said, bringing me back to the real world. I noticed that it was turning evening.

"Uh, yeah. I'm good."

'I lied. I was confused, and a little sad. I loved being Supergirl, but sometimes I hated it. I hated that the people I care about are in more danger because I care about them.'

"Did you convince her to not go through with that renaming ceremony tomorrow?"

"I-uh" my eyes widened. 'Oops, I'd forgotten about that!'

"I'll take that as a no."

He looked to me, and nudged me with his shoulder. Letting out a small laugh and nudge in return, I looked back at him.

"You know, Kara should probably make an appearance at work. I'll take over from here."

"You sure?" I said, though unsure if I should leave her.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I think he noticed my hesitation.

"She'll be fine too! Don't worry. I can handle it." He teased

"I know you can." I smiled.

"I promise I'll call if something comes up. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Also, Alex is leading a team on hand at the ceremony later, we'll both have to be there. We went over it a few minutes ago."

"You knew she would do it anyway?"