Renaming Ceremony

NARRATOR'S POV

AT THE PARK/LOCATION FOR RENAMING CEREMONY

As Lena was being escorted to the Renaming Ceremony, she saw Kara. Remembering her from yesterday, she walked over to her. She noticed Kara's outfit, she was dark, blue-black trousers with a black'n'white stripey, long shirt. Along with a long, dark, collared jacket and gray flats. It was very, Kara. It was simple, sweet and suiting. It didn't stand out, unlike Lena's choice of clothing. Kara always wore clothes that blend in, where as Lena, as a professional business woman, wore clothes that were a little bolder.

In this case, it was a dark green blouse with a low cut neck, allowing some cleavage, tucked into a tight black skirt that reached just above the knees. She wore her hair down, a golden necklace with matching golden ear-rings, and a white overcoat. Along with black heels with a decorative strap that showed off her legs.

"Hey, Kara. Kara Danvers, right?" Lena called out, recognising the sweet, mild-mannered reporter who wasn't a reporter but was just tagging along, from her office yesterday.

She remembered her name, but only pretended she didn't. Mostly so Kara wouldn't suspect Lena had been thinking about her. Which she had been, though Lena wouldn't admit it. Especially since Kara wasn't the only blonde she had been thinking about. There was the other one, with a crimson cape and a tight skirt.

As she approached the not-reporter Lena got this unusual feeling. It wasn't common for her to talk to people outside of work. It was fair to say Lena wasn't smothered in loving, caring friends. Yet, she continued to walk towards Kara anyway. 

Kara looked up, she pushed her glasses up, and began to blush. Her previous encounter with Lena lead to intense kissing and turning her down for the sake of her safety. And then she ended up fantasizing about the two of them in her dreams. Kara and awkward had become good friends by now, but it never made situations like these any easier. Well, she'd never encountered a situation quite like this. 

Kara had been waiting for Lena to show, hoping to bump into her. She wondered how exactly she'd go about this, she hadn't exactly planned that far ahead. She also didn't think Lena would come up to her, rather than other way around.

"Uh, yeah. Le-Miss Luthor, hi!"

"Lena, please" she insisted, also blushing. She enjoyed how innocent Kara looked when she kept fiddling and pushing up the glasses on her nose.

Walking alongside each other, they headed towards the stand where Lena would made her speech. Looking towards the small crowd, Lena sighed.

"My brother's serving 32 consecutive life sentences. I guess I shouldn't be surprised there isn't a bigger turnout."she laughed half-heartedly.

"You know, you're taking an awful risk, going ahead with the Renaming Ceremony with you're life in danger." Kara said looking towards Lena, still worried about her.

Lena looked back, almost certainly thinking that people shouldn't underestimate her and should know better than to think she'd hide away at the first sign of danger.

"I won't have a life if I can't make this company into something positive. All it will be remembered for is Lex's madness."

Kara, though worried for Lena's safety, admired how she cared for the company, its purpose and reputation. The way she was different from Lex and cared enough to prove it.

"Wish me luck!"

"You don't need it!" I smiled fondly.

They parted ways, Kara stood at the front of the audience, and Lena made her way onto the stage.