First Meet

KARA'S POV

"There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for why I wasn't aboard the Venture yesterday." Lena said as she lead Clark and I into her office.
"Well, that's why we're here." Clark replied bluntly.

I knew about Clark's past with Lex. I also knew their Mother and Father weren't exactly the best role models, but from the somewhat 30 seconds I'd spent with Lena, she didn't seem all that bad. She seemed strong, independent. Yet she had this sort of calming, kind nature. She walked fast, with purpose, and she was straight-forward.

Still, we were there because the Luthors are smart, capable and resourceful enough to pull off an attack on the Venture. So, I knew to be wary of them, and it just so happened that Luthor-Corp created the piece of technology that had exploded.

"There was an emergency, regarding a ceremony I'm holding, tomorrow. I'm renaming my family's company and I had to cancel." Lena explained.
"Ah, lucky!" Clark exclaimed.
"Lucky, was Superman saving the day."
"Not something someone expects a Luthor to say."
The two bickered, through fake smiles and a thick intensity that could be sliced with a knife.

"A-And Supergirl was there too!" I finally butted-in. She finally looked at me, like shed just realised I was there. She smiled at me, and of course I smiled back. It felt like the heat from their pent-up hurt and mistrust dissipated and flew out the window.

"And who are you exactly?" She laughed a pretty laugh at me, and walked around me to a reach something from the other side of her office

"Um-uh I'm Kara Danvers, I'm not with the Daily Planet, I'm with CatCo magazine... Sort of." I rambled. I was flustered. 'Why was I flustered? Why did my cheeks feel hot? Was I blushing? How long had I been blushing?'

"That's a publication not known for its hard-hitting journalism. More like 'High-waisted jeans? Yes or No?' " She teased, walking towards and sitting at her desk. Miss Luthor flicked through files, seemingly less than half interested in what we had to say.

"I'm just tagging along-" she interrupted me. "Right, can we just speed this interview along? Just ask me what you want to ask me Mr Kent." He voice felt cold, harsh. She's probably had to deal with invasive reporters with outlandish, prejudiced theories before.

"'Did I have anything to do with the Venture explosion?'" she asked for us.

"Did you?" Clark asked bluntly, getting Lena to look back up from her work. Her expression was not of surprise, she expected and accusation, but it still seemed to affect her in a way that other things probably wouldn't.

"You wouldn't be asking me if my name was Smith." She pointed out.

"Ah, but its not. It's Luthor." He placed it cold and clear. Kal was usually kind, and nice. I suppose it was the cautiousness of a hurt friend, mixed with the stern reporter in him.