Chapter 21-Demons From Hell

Word Count: 1370

Dawn Turner

"Are you sure you weren't hallucinating." I narrowed my eyes at Zach.

What they were saying was literally insane.

It sounded like something you'd see in a fantasy movie. 

"Now, why would I be hallucinating?" He glared at me for the fifth time this night.

I don't know, maybe because you were literally stabbed and poisoned? Is what I wanted to reply.

I didn't. 

Zach would probably repeat the same thing over and over again.

After Alexander clarified that it, indeed, wasn't him that stabbed Zach, we all headed to his appartement, which I had never been to before. We couldn't take Zach back to my house because my mom was still there.

I made sure to ask Alexander about Skylar, I didn't forget about her. He reassured me that she returned home safely with one of his friends. My guess is Azza. Apparently he pulled the 'erase memory' trick on her so she has no memory of today.

No matter how many times Zach explained to me that there was a shadow that appeared behind Alexander, forcing his hand to stab his shoulder, I was still not convinced. It's insane. What could that thing possibly be? Where did it come from? Why would it target Zach out of all people? He's literally the purest one out of the three of us.

I personally would've went for Alexander if I was that shadow.

No matter how many times I thought about it, it never made sense.

"To be quite honest with you, rapunzel, I don't really care whether you believe me or not. What I do care about, however, is the fact that I can't continue reading my damn book because you haven't stopped blabbering your loud annoying little mouth since you came here. So, do me a favor and quiet down if you're going to stay in my house." Alexander spat in one breath.

Damn.

He can't be for real.

"THIS is what you're thinking about right now? Your brother was stabbed and you claim it wasn't you who stabbed him but then again you don't seem phased by this at all. Do you not care?"

He gently closed the book, placing it on the bed beside him. I've never seen him be gentle with anything, he must really like books. He turned to look at me. "One, I already told you that no matter what I say, you're not going to believe me. So, again, I ask you; what's the point?" he raised one finger up in the air for emphasis. I scoffed. "And two" He raised another finger. "I couldn't care less about what the hell that shadow thing is since it didn't seem to be targeting me. I also don't care if it attacks Zach or you again because whether you believe it or not, rapunzel, I do not give a single damn about you OR him." He had a cold smile plastered on his face.

That's a lie and he knows it. It's true that he doesn't care about me but he certainly cares about Zach because if what he is saying is actually true and he really didn't stab Zach, then he's the one who saved his life. No matter what happened between them in the past, Alexander still saved his brother. He still cares about him.