Chapter 1 - The Circle of Life

The sun rose over the Kindom of Berk, warming the cold land from the night before, a farmer raised his head up to the sky, smiling, it was clear and cloudless morning.

A group of women hanging out washing looked up from their task and sighed, some of the village teens watched the sunrise from a rooftop, it was going to be a great day.

" The Prince has arrived, the Queen has given birth, " A guard watched as a messenger from the castle announced to the city, that the Prince was born.

He jumped for joy and abandoned his post at a watchtower to join the throng of people heading to the palace courtyard.

Two men riding on horses reached the Kingdom borders, after a long journey, and looked at the crowd of people.

" What going on?" One of the men asked those ahead of them, one of the children turned to the two riders.

" The Queen's had her first child and the King's planning on announcing it the Kingdom." The men wildly grinned and followed after the crowd.

A group of Yak farmers herded their way into the streets and looked around the main road, After months of waiting, the Prince was born and their heir to the throne was here.

The docks we're completely empty as everyone headed to the courtyard outside the castle, excitement buzzing around them.

From the day we arrive on this land and blinking, step into the sun.

A mother and child walked into the city from the outside fields, children followed and ran through the crowd.

There's more to be seen than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done.

There's far too much to take in, more to find than can ever be found.

A father walked forward carrying both his two children on his shoulders as the palace gates opened and people filed into the courtyard.

With the sun rolling high, in the Sapphire sky, each great and small on the endless round.

It's the circle of life and it moves us all.

A set of balcony doors opened and Stoick Haddock, King of Berk stepped out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard.

He was dressed in his full splendour, the huge fur robe drapping down his back, his face beaming as bright as his golden crown.

Through despair and fall, through faith and love.

The King's royal advisor and long time friend, Gobber, stood next to him, Stoick bowed his head as the one-armed and one-legged man bowed, smiling.

Till we find our place, on the path unwinding.

The Kingdom elder, Gothi,  came through the door behind the King and tapped her staff on the balcony.

In the circle, the circle of life.

Stoick turned to see his wife, Queen Valka Haddock, carrying their son out, he walked over to her and smiled down at the one-month premature child, he was small, but that didn't matter.

Gothi looked down at the child, who looked back up at her with wide eyes, she rubbed her fingers across a slither of charcoal and drew the Chief symbol across this forehead.

The child sneezed from the dust, spreading more across his mother's arms, Stoick and Valka looked down at their son, with joy and excitement, they're firstborn was going to see the Kingdom.

Gothi picked the child up and cradled him on her shoulder, she bowed to Stoick and Valka, she turned and made her way out to the edge of balcony.

Gothi stepped up onto a raised platform and held the Prince up to the crowd below who all looked up at him in respect.