Chapter 12 - In The Forest

It was late afternoon, Dagur and Eret were sitting atop their dragons, patrolling the forest.

" A weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way, a weema-way." Eret sang swaying side to side, as Skullcrusher and Sleuthar kept the beat.

" Wee, a Bumba-way!" Dagur began, his voice sitting perfectly with Eret's.

" Wee, a Bumba-way!" Dagur sang again, Sleuthar clicking his tail.

" In the forest, the mighty forest, the fury sleeps tonight." Dagur started to sing, as he held onto Sleuthar.

" In the forest, the quiet forest, the fury sleeps tonight!" Dagur waved his hands in the air.

" Wee, a Bumba-way!" Dagur and Eret sang, their dragons bouncing to their riders beat.

" Wee, a Bumba-way!" Skullcrusher started to growl every beat and tiptoe with his paws.

" Near our village, our peaceful village, the Fury sleeps tonight!" Dagur and Eret sang together, Sleuthar's tails clicking to the beat.

" Near our village, our quiet village, the Fury sleeps tonight!" Eret proclaimed, Dagur patting his dragon's horns.

" Wee, a Bumba-way!" Dagur and Eret jumped off their dragons and danced on the path.

" Wee, a Bumba, AH!" An axe flew past Dagur and Eret's faces, embedding in a nearby tree.

Sleuthar and Skullcrusher got spooked and ran in the opposite direction.

From the bushes ran a young woman, dressed in blue dragon scale armour and a mad look in her eyes.

She charged at Dagur and Eret, the two men took off in the direction of their village.

" Ah, what was that?!" Dagur screamed, as Eret pushed him along.

" I don't know, but I sure as Thor, don't wanna find out." The axe flew past them again and into another tree.

Dagur and Eret looked at the axe, before running in opposite directions.

The woman grabbed her axe and ran after Dagur, who was nearly out of breath.

" Ah, she's after me!" Dagur shouted as he jumped over a tree root and kept running.

" Hang on I'm coming!" Eret shouted, he ran up a ledge and spotted Dagur running towards him.

He held out his hand and Dagur tried to reach it, but fell when he stepped onto the ledge wall.

He watched as the woman got closer, he waited for her blade to embed itself deep in his skin.

A sword slicing through the air could be heard and then the clang of metal, Dagur opened his eyes.

He saw Hiccup, wearing his full armour, fight off the woman with every technique he knew.

Eret jumped down from the ledge, as he and Dagur slowly edged towards the scuffle.

It looked like Hiccup was winning, but the tables soon turned, as his swords were thrown away and he was flipped onto the ground.

The woman held her axe to his throat and Hiccup gasped, looking up into the eyes of his attacker.

" Astrid?" Astrid removed her axe from Hiccup's neck and stood back, Hiccup got up and stared at her, before taking a step forward.

" Is it really you?" Hiccup asked her, Astrid looked at him with confusion.

" Who are you?" Astrid held her axe up at Hiccup, who chuckled.

" Oh, sorry." He unclipped his helmet from the suit and shook his head, as he threw the helmet behind him.