Chapter 4 - The Outcasts

Hiccup and Astrid giggled as they walked through the forest, heading south.

" Alright, it worked," Hiccup announced, high fiving Astrid.

" We lost him," Astrid said, walking a few paces forward.

" I am a genius." Hiccup puffed his chest out, Astrid rolled her eyes.

" Hey genius, it was my idea." Astrid elbowed him, Hiccup rolled his eyes.

" Technically it was the twin's idea to tie Throk up, remind me to thank them when we're done." Astrid glared at him, she had some input into the plan.

" I helped." Hiccup looked back at her and smiled.

" I pulled it off." Astrid readied her self and smirked at him.

" With me." Astrid jumped on Hiccup and both started rolling down a hill.

When they landed, Astrid had pinned Hiccup with his arm behind his back.

" Ha, pinned you." Hiccup wiggled to try and get free, as he did Astrid pulled harder.

" Pinned you again." Just as Astrid finished a loud blast from a hot tar pit erupted in front of them.

" What is that?" Hiccup questioned as he got up from the ground, he awed at what lay before him.

It was flat dry land, dead trees lined what once was a river, and rotting dragon carcasses lay across the rocky outcroppings.

" This must be it, come one." Hiccup tool of running into the hunting grounds, Astrid hung back.

She eventually followed after him and ran through a small puddle to catch up to him.

Hiccup and Astrid walked amongst the dragon bones, Hiccup in awe, Astrid in fear.

" Hiccup we're way beyond Berk's borders." She told him, Hiccup didn't listen.

" We found it, do you know what this means?" Astrid stayed close to him, her hand on her axe.

" It means we can go home." Astrid quipped, Hiccup scoffed.

" It means they won't treat us like kids anymore." Hiccup replied, walking further into the desert environment.

A tar pool bubbled next to Astrid and the young lady looked at it with suspicion.

The two nobles walked through a set of natural rock pillars, Astrid felt a few pebbles land on her.

She looked up and saw nothing, as she caught up to Hiccup, a shadowy figure glided past them.

Hiccup walked into a cave and climbed up a ledge, he looked down a tunnel and smiled.

" Hiccup, get down, it could be dangerous," Astrid commanded him from her safe position.

" Danger, I laugh in the face of danger, ha, ha, ha." His laugh echoed off the walls and back at him.

Hiccup looked down the tunnel and smiled, this place was cool.

" Cool, don't you think Astrid?" Astrid backed up a little and gestured for him to follow.

" Hiccup, come on, you've proven how brave you are." Astrid held her hand out gesturing further to come down.

" The suns going down and we need to get back to Berk." As Astrid finished, laughing and footsteps could be heard from behind her.

Hiccup got down from the ledge, as Astrid ran over to him, Hiccup stood his ground.

" Well, look at this." A man with a huge brown moustache slyly commented.

" Two noble children, from Berk, we weren't expecting royal guests today." The same man explained, other men circled around them.