Chapter 18 - The Truth and Battle

" Hiccup!" Astrid shouted, trying to reach her friend, as Hiccup fell, he grabbed onto the edge of the balcony and held on tight.

Spitelout looked down at his nephew with a smile, Astrid tried to struggle her way out of Alvin's grasp.

" This looks familiar, where have I seen this before?" Spitelout looked down at the struggling Prince.

" Oh yes, I remember, this is how your father looked before he died." Spitelout stepped on Hiccup's fingers, the Prince wincing.

" I looked down, saw the fear in his eyes." Spitelout pulled on Hiccup's hair, raising him into the air.

" And here's my little secret." Spitelout leaned to Hiccup's face and whispered in his ear.

" I killed Stoick." Hiccup's eyes widened in shock and realisation, as the memory of his father falling flashed through his head.

Hiccup grabbed Spitelout's shirt, as the man backed up and pulled Hiccup to safety.

The Prince rolled passed the fuming man and grabbed his swords, then pushed his uncle down to the ground.

" My father, your brother-in-law, mum's husband, how could you?!" Hiccup shouted edging the sword closer to his throat.

Spitelout looked up at his nephew with fear, never had he seen such anger and hate.

" Tell them the truth?" Hiccup gritted his teeth, Spitelout looked back to the others.

" First he kills Stoick, now he tries to kill me." Hiccup pushed the blade closer to Spitelout's neck, the man wincing at the cold metal.

" Not that, say it so they can hear you." Spitelout didn't answer, Hiccup pushed the blade closer.

" Spitelout, you said when you sent Gobber and Throk back here you couldn't find Stoick or Hiccup," Valka asked, looking over at her elder brother.

" That's right." The man answered looking back up at Hiccup.

" Then how did you see the look of fear in Stoick's eyes?!" Valka shouted, now knowing who the true murderer was.

" I, kill them, kill them all!" The Outcasts raised their weapons and ran at Hiccup, who was thrown of Spitelout.

The guards aimed their swords to strike Hiccup, but the Prince blocked them with his own swords.

Toothless and Astrid broke free from their respective Outcasts and joined in on the fight.

The courtyard was a mess of Berkians, dragon riders and Outcasts, the fight was ferocious.

Alvin, Savage, and Berthal ran at Hiccup as he unarmed the Outcast's men and knocked the Prince to the ground.

Astrid and Toothless spotted, their friend being easily taken down and rushed to help him.

" Hiccup!" Astrid ran past the others to help her boyfriend.

The Night Fury blasted at Savage and Berthal, sending them flying into the balcony.

Astrid kicked Alvin off Hiccup, who stood up next to the fiery blonde, smiling.

" Thanks, milady." Astrid rolled her eyes as both charged into the battle.

                      ~ Line Break ~

Dagur and Eret fought alongside each other, disarming every Outcast that challenged them.

Suddenly an Outcast pushed the two of them up against the Castle walls, both disarmed and tired.