Chapter 3 - I Just Can't Wait

Hiccup ran into the main lounge and spotted his best friend, talking with his cousin.

The young lady Astrid Helena Hofferson, the daughter of the King's secret Guard.

Astrid had golden blonde hair that shone in the sunlight, azure ocean blue eyes, and a fiery attitude to match her fathers.

" Astrid, let's go." Hiccup grabbed Astrid's hand and pulled her to the door.

" Hey, she was talking to me." Hiccup's younger cousin, Snotlout Jorgenson yelled.

" No, she wasn't, you were flirting." Astrid glared at the boy, Snotlout huffed.

" Mum, Hiccup's being mean!" The boy ran over to his mother, Lady Jannet Jorgenson.

The lady was talking with her sister-in-law, Queen Valka Haddock and Duchess Ingrid Hofferson.

" Snotlout honey, I'm kinda busy at the moment." Snotlout pouted and returned to his spot near the fire.

" So where are we going?" Astrid asked, she was an adventurous young lady and loved trying new things.

" The Cove." Astrid folded her arms in boredom.

" Why the cove, we always go there." Hiccup got close to her and whispered in her ear.

" I'll tell you where we're going when we get there." Astrid's eyes widened in wonder.

" Oh, no you don't young man, tell your mother how your morning was." Hiccup screamed as his mother pulled him close and forced a small crown on his head.

" Ah, mum your ruining my hair, stop." Valka smiled as she finished flattering Hiccup's mop of Auburn hair.

" Let me just get the muck off your face." Hiccup grumbled as his mother rubbed her thumb over his cheeks.

Astrid giggled, as did her mother, Hiccup glared at her and the elder Hofferson.

" See all clean, can we go?" Hiccup asked patting his mother's hands away.

" There's no Outcasts, dad chased them off." Valka looked over at the other two mothers.

" What do you think Ingrid, should we let them?" The Duchess smiled and nodded at her friend.

" Alright, but just to the cove and no further." Hiccup fist-pumped the air and took Astrid's hand.

" One more thing, you have to take Throk with you." Hiccup and Astrid stopped in their tracks.

" Throk, oh come on mum." Valka gave the boy, the look, and Hiccup lowered his head.

" Throk goes, or you don't." Hiccup nodded and headed out the door with Astrid towards the knight quarters.

~ Line Break ~

" Ok, come along, let's move in a unit," Throk called back to the children, who were slowly following their chaperone.

" So where are we really going?" Astrid asked Hiccup, who leaned closer to her.

" Dragon hunting graveyard." Hiccup answered, whispering in her ear.

" Wow!" Astrid exclaimed Hiccup covered her mouth.

" Shhh, Throk." Hiccup gestures to the knight in front of them.

" Right, so how are we gonna ditch mister rule follower?" Hiccup thought of something as the entered the boundaries of a farm.

Throk turned to see the two children whispering and smiled, as he waited for them.