Chapter 7 - Run to Exile

The heard thinned out and filed out onto the beach, Hiccup watched as he carefully landed on the ground.

He looked around, trying to see where his father was, but couldn't see him.

" Dad!?" He shouted while walking back along the gorge to the cove, his voice echoing off the walls.

He ran a little further looking around, not seeing anything as he craned his neck.

" Dad!?" He shouted again, still no reply, a yak galloped past him and over to a large shape.

Hiccup squinted and headed towards the large shape, it certainly wasn't a rock.

He walked up to the shape and found it to be his father, he ran around to the front and saw his fathers eyes closed.

" Dad, dad?" Hiccup stood above his father in confusion, trying to coax the man awake.

" Come on, you gotta wake up, we gotta go home." Hiccup pushed his father's arm, trying to get him up.

" Help, somebody help, anybody!" Hiccup yelled, still clinging to his father's arm.

No one answered, a few pebbles from the gorge walls fell down, but not a single answer.

When Hiccup saw that no one was coming, he turned back to his father and lay his head against the man's chest.

Spitelout walked up behind the scene and spotted Hiccup, sitting up against his father.

" Hiccup, what have you done?" Hiccup looked up at his uncle and back down at his father.

" There, there was a stampede, he tried to save me, I, it was an accident." Hiccup ran to his uncle who took the boy in his arms while kneeling down.

" Of course you didn't mean for this." Hiccup hugged his uncle's neck tight.

" No one ever means for these things to happen." Spitelout hugged the boy tighter as Hiccup cried into his shoulder.

" Yet, the King is dead and if it weren't for you, then he'd still be alive." Spitelout let go of Hiccup and the boy looked up at his uncle.

" Your father had such hope for you, gave you so many chances and this is how you repay him." Hiccup wiped his tears away and sniffed.

" I didn't know, I didn't know." He pleaded, hugging his torso and shaking his head.

" What would your mother think, her son who caused his father's death." Hiccup sniffed again and started at his father's body.

" A boy who killed a King." Spitelout looked down at Hiccup, who had tears streaming down his face.

" What am I gonna do?" Hiccup looked up at Spitelout, who showed little emotion.

" Run, run away Hiccup and never return." Spitelout pushed Hiccup towards the cove.

Hiccup stood up and ran back to the cove, Spitelout watched his nephew until he was around the corner.

From behind Spitelout, Alvin, Savage, and Berthal waited for their task.

" Kill him." Alvin and Savage nodded, as all three took off after the boy.

Hiccup ran into the cove, he paused to see the three Outcasts chasing after him.

He panicked and ran up the step entrance to the cove, the Outcasts ran up after him, their swords drawn.

" Come on kid all we wanna do is chat," Savage called out to him, Hiccup continued running.

Hiccup ran under a dead tree and up a steep incline, just as Savage reached for him.

Hiccup headed into the rock quarry, ducking under anything he could to avoid the men.