Chapter 17 - Confrantation

Spitelout stood in his study looking out his window at the city, Berk was his and yet he still felt he needed more.

" Bring lady Astrid to me, I think it's time we have a little chat." Savage, who had been guarding the door, nodded and left to fetch the girl.

Spitelout continued to look down at the city, his mood growing sourer and sourer, the longer he waited.

Savage ran back into the room, holding a long piece rope and no Astrid.

" Ah, my King, Lady Astrid isn't here." Spitelout turned to the man and sneered.

" What do you mean she's not here?" Savage held up the rope and cleared his throat.

" My King, I mean she's not in her quarters." Spitelout snatched the rope out of his hands and glared at it.

" So you're telling me that Lady Astrid escaped her room, left not a single trace and you didn't know?" Savage nodded, Spitelout threw the rope at the man.

" You imbecile, I give you one job and you blow it!" Spitelout shouted, as cornered Savage.

" Sorry your majesty, we thought you knew." Spitelout turned from the incompetent man and sighed, pinching his brows.

He thought for a few seconds, before turning back to Savage and sighing.

" Bring my sister, Valka, to me out on the balcony, we need to talk." Savage quickly retreated from the room, Spitelout looked down at his axe.

He was going to end the Haddock family line and bring justice to Berk, it was his and no one could change that.

~ Line Break ~

" Why do this to yourself, Valka, just tell me where she is." Valka stood, hands by her side and face solemn.

" I don't know where Astrid is, after the dining incident, you forbid me from talking to her," Valka replied, not moving an inch.

" I know you had something to do with this, you have never agreed with me becoming King, " Valka didn't answer, yet her face showed slight sadness.

" Your suffering in silence for what, the memory of a life you once knew, a King you once loved." Spitelout circled his little sister, who watched his movements.

" I tried to make you see what a true King could be." Spitelout looked down at Berk, Valka stepped towards him.

" Spitelout, a true Kings power comes from his compassion and love for others." Spitelout chuckled as he turned to her.

" What your doing is nothing compared to what Stoick had done." Spitelout hit Valka across the face

" I am ten times the King, Stoick was!" Valka fell to the ground, as the roar of a Night Fury pierced through a clap of thunder.

Toothless landed on the huge balcony and snarled at the general, Spitelout backed up.

" Night Fury." Hiccup looked down at Spitelout with a glare hot enough to melt stone.

" Get away from my mother!" Hiccup shouted, switching his leg over and pulling his helmet off.

He jumped off Toothless and ran over to his mother's crippled state, helping her sit up.

Valka opened her eyes, the blurry image of a man appeared, she thought it was Stoick.

" Stoick?" Hiccup shook his head as his mother blinked again.

" No it's me?" Valka gasped, she sat up and looked into the man's eyes.

" Hiccup, your alive, how, how can that be?" Hiccup held his mother close and hugged tight.