Chapter 14 - Remember

Hiccup sat in the ground looking down at his hands, his breathing laboured and all over the place.

He stood up and began walking his way back to camp, hoping to avoid Astrid.

As he walked Hiccup grumbled at what Astrid just told him, how was he supposed to get over his problems?

" She's wrong, I can't go back." Toothless listened to his rider grumble about the girl.

" What would it prove anyway, it wouldn't change anything, you can't change the past." Hiccup entered another clearing an looked up at the sky.

It was well past dinner, but Hiccup wasn't hungry and he didn't feel like talking to anyone.

" You said you'd always be there for me!" Hiccup shouted into the sky, hoping for a reply from his father.

" And your not, because of me." Hiccup lowered his head and let the tears fall.

" It's my fault, it was my fault your not here." Hiccup fell to his knees, Toothless sat next to his rider worried and concerned.

Not too far away Gothi stood watching Hiccup, she was amazed at how much he had grown over ten years.

She smiled at him, he was so broken-hearted and lost that he needed a new teacher.

" Fiskar og drekar, fiskar og drekar, fiskar og drekar." Gothi rambled, Toothless looked over at the small woman and rolled his eyes.

Hiccup sighed, before climbing on Toothless and the two of them walked away.

Gothi smiled, as she watched the dragon and Prince walk into the forest.

Hiccup jumped off Toothless when they came to a river and sat at the water's edge.

His reflection dancing on its surface, but it didn't reveal who he was on the inside and wondered if it ever would.

" Fiskar og drekar, fiskar og drekar, fiskar og drekar." A pebble hit the water and disrupted Hiccup's reflection and train of thought.

" Hey, would you cut it out," Hiccup asked the little old lady, who kept mumbling.

" Can't cut it out, go right back." Gothi stepped out of the tree line and followed after Hiccup, as he walked through the trees.

" Creepy little old lady, ah, who are you?" Gothi stood in front of Toothless, who began sniffing her.

" No, the question is, who are you?" She pointed at Hiccup, was just confused.

" I thought I knew, now I'm not so sure." Hiccup lowered his head and sighed.

" Well, I know who you are." Gothi pulled Hiccup's head down using her staff.

" Come here it's a secret." Hiccup leaned in close, ready to listen.

" Fiskar og drekar, fiskar og drekar!" Hiccup pulled away from the small woman and groaned.

" Ah, enough already, what is that supposed to even mean?" Gothi danced around Hiccup, who shook his head.

" It means you an idiot, I am not, " Gothi laughed, Hiccup rolled his eyes.

" I think your a little confused." Hiccup started to walk away, but was stopped by Gothi's staff.

" Wrong, I'm not the one who's confused, you don't know who you are." Hiccup crossed his arms and looked down at her.

" Oh and I suppose you do." Hiccup started to walk away, Toothless was watching the exchange with curiosity.