Chapter 12

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the characters I've created.

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
'Speaking Telepathically'
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

*~..Lamia Amorist..~*

..Chapter 12..

Suddenly Pennywise sensed that Duke was outside. The blood in his veins suddenly felt like molten lava, burning him from the inside, and his jaw clenched tight as fury overcame him. He gently set Nera on the couch without explanation and disappeared.

Nera looked around confused for a moment, then shrugged it off and decided to go start up the coffee maker since Duke should be there soon. While her senses had heightened, they still worked only in relatively close range. Penny's range was considerably larger, spanning the size of Derry itself.

Outside Santiago and Sadie were slowly walking up hand in hand when they saw Duke park and step out of his car, heading toward the front walkway.

He wore a worn pair of faded blue jeans and a black leather jacket his Father he left to him. He was nervous about seeing Nera after all that had happened, but nothing changed how he felt about her. He loved her without condition. He couldn't wait to see her again.

After taking about three steps up the walkway, Pennywise appeared in human form, catching Duke off-guard and punching him hard, sending him flying back into his car.

Inwardly, Santiago felt a strange sense of satisfaction finally seeing someone give the human the treatment he deserved.

Duke quickly pushed off the car and assumed a fighting stance, more than ready to take on the asshole who he felt had stolen the woman he loved.

"That's for raping Nera!" Pennywise bellowed vehemently. When Duke heard that, he froze and looked down in shame, his hands dropping.

Pennywise rushed him then, shoving him into the car, and loomed over him menacingly. Duke just looked up at him, but didn't fight back. I deserve whatever punishment I have coming for this.

"Lucky for you, she's convinced me you weren't of sound mind and I can't bring myself to break her heart by killing you, but if you ever hurt her again, I will not ask questions. You will cease to exist and in time she will forget you," Pennywise snarled hatefully, his eyes piercing like red lava into his own green ones.

Duke nodded wordlessly. Even in his human form, the cosmic being was terrifying when he was this angry. Pennywise stepped back and disappeared.

Duke stood there for a moment in silence thinking about everything he'd ever done wrong to Nera. From day one he tried to hold her to normal human standards when she was so much more than that. Sure, she had multiple lovers, but had she ever once treated him wrong? No. She'd loved him beautifully and time and time again, he ruined it with his jealousy. He cursed himself, then started to go back to his driver's side door.

"Don't."

He hesitated, then looked up and saw Sadie standing there a few feet out in the road behind his car.

Sadie saw the tears in his eyes and truly did feel for him. It can't have been easy to be in his shoes. It wasn't Nera's fault, but Duke has been through a lot since meeting her and the results weren't completely his fault either.