Chapter 30

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the characters I've created.

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
'Speaking Telepathically'
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

*~..Lamia Amorist..~*

..Chapter 30..

Sadie was the first to rise the next morning. The house was consumed with the chill of December. This time last year she, Nera, and Duke were putting up Christmas decorations. She hoped one day such happy moments would take place here again.

She couldn't sleep anymore. She was consumed with the desire to get her friends back home, even if they hated her, even if it costed her her life. After all, she was the weakest of the group. There was a good chance she might not make it out of all this alive.

Her only fear was how Carlos would suffer from their broken bond if she died, but he was so strong and he'd still have Nera. It would hurt, but he would find the happiness with her that had been stolen from them so long ago. No matter what, Carlos would get his happy ending just like he deserved and this knowledge gave Sadie peace.

After turning on the heat, Sadie quickly dressed in a pair of soft black jeans, combat boots and a warm, long-sleeved back shirt. It wasn't pretty but it was functional. They never knew what they were going to find while dealing with witches.

A little while later, Carlos found Sadie downstairs kneeling upon the floor looking at a box of gold roses that sat on the coffee table in the living room.

He could tell she was in a rather emotional mood as he watched her finger lightly drag along the tips of the flowers. He sat on the couch behind her and gently ran his hands through her hair.

"Ezra was so in love with Nera even before they started seeing each other. He sent these to her." She sniffled. "Nera told me there was a card with them that read: Time will make you mine." She sobbed softly. "He didn't care what it took to be with her, he was going to wait as long as he had to." She told him.

Carlos knelt down beside Sadie and kissed her head. "They will be together again, baby. Whatever power Lucifer is using to sway Ezra's actions... we will figure it out." He assured her. He rose to his feet slowly and pulled her up with him.

He wiped the tears from her eyes as she looked up at him. "So beautiful, even when your sad." He whispered to her. She laughed at that and threw her arms around him, kissing him passionately.

"I love you so much." She whispered to him.

He ran his hands up and down her back affectionately. It felt so incredible to have a female in his life that meant this much to him. The last time of course, had been Alina... well, Nera.

He couldn't wait until Nera was back on Earth so they could all share better times together. He wanted to chance to make happy memories with her again. It didn't matter that she wasn't going to be bonded with him. That didn't change how he felt about her.

It was going to take some getting used to living on Earth again, but Hell was no place to raise a family and even though he'd not mentioned it to her yet, Carlos wanted to have a baby with Sadie. He already loved her that much, and with each passing day he loved her even more still.

"I love you too, baby." He told her.

She finally released him. "It's time. I don't even want coffee this morning. We need just need to find..." her voice trailed off as she looked at the door to the office. The door hadn't been opened since before Nera left, but it stood open now. She was absolutely certain it had been closed last night.