Chapter 31

All Characters and locations borrowed from Stephen King's "It" remain his property. I own only the characters I've created. 

Helpful Notes:
"Speaking Aloud"
'Speaking Telepathically'
Subconscious Thoughts, not heard by others.

A/N: This story involves VERY mature and sometimes disturbing situations. If you have any triggers I suggest perhaps trying another story.

*~..Lamia Amorist..~*

..Chapter 31..

There was no Christmas for them this year. Pennywise, Sadie, Carlos, and Santiago had been pouring through the books in Raven Youngblood's library. They'd taken breaks only to eat and rest, knowing they'd be going to battle as soon as they found what they were looking for, but that was it. There was very little downtime other than when they sought physical release between each other.

It was currently about 4 in the morning. Sadie was sitting in Carlos' lap as they poured through a book together, with Santiago sitting across from them, and Pennywise was leaning against a bookshelf, clutching a book and quickly thumbing through its contents. Suddenly he froze and looked up.

"I feel a shift in energy... something is happening." Pennywise announced.

Something significant had happened somewhere and he felt certain it was in Hell. The others looked at him for an explanation. "I may be mistaken but I believe the spawn of Satan was just born." He reported solemnly.

He looked listlessly ahead at nothing in particular as the others processed what he'd said. Nera had given birth. Lucifer's child had entered the realm of Hell.

Each immortal in the room looked down awkwardly, each battling their own sense of failure and guilt. Sadie took a shaky breath and absentmindedly flipped a page, on the verge of tears.

She could only imagine the pain and mental anguish caused not only by the birth itself but by knowing deep down, in the furthest recesses of her mind, that all those special moments she dreamt of sharing with Pennywise and Ezra were now being forced on her with the Devil while she watched Ezra with another woman.

Suddenly they heard footsteps coming down the stairwell from above. They all waited quietly without fear, just curiosity. Carlos stood and moved Sadie behind him just in case.

A few moments later a beautiful young woman with soft brown hair and light brown eyes walked in. The air around her seemed alive as she exuded organic, raw power.

She smiled at them and waved. "Have you found it yet?"

"Raven?" Carlos asked, suddenly recognizing her energy

The young woman giggled and ran over to him, giving him a hug. He wrapped the tiny woman in a warm embrace, enjoying the sweet organic smell that always accompanied her. It was like vanilla sandalwood and fresh herbs mixed.