|seventeen|

|SunMi's POV|

"I don't understand why you guys live in this house. Your parents own so many better houses. I always imagined you guys would live in a place with ten bedrooms and like nine bathrooms." JongHo mumbles as he climbs out of the car. He circles around to pull the door open for me.

"We prefer this place. It's homey. What's the point in having ten bedrooms anyway? We have three and the third one doesn't get touched." I explain softly as I climb out and stare up at the all too familiar house.

"Are you sure your parents aren't home? There's a car in the driveway." JongHo hesitantly glances over at my dad's teal mustang.

"That car hasn't been driven since he got it. He just leaves it sitting there so he can wash it when he's bored." I roll my eyes and motion for JongHo to follow me onto the porch.

I stand on my tiptoes in attempt to reach the spare key above the door. JongHo chuckles and grabs it. He hands it me and I quickly unlock the door before handing it back to him. He slips it back into its place and follows me inside.

"Don't day a word about my room when we get up there. It hasn't changed since I was like six, so it's not exactly me." I glance over my shoulder at JongHo as we make our way upstairs.

"Now I'm kind of excited." JongHo smirks as I press my back to my bedroom door.

"I'm serious. Please don't say anything. No one but my family has ever been in my room so I never felt the need to change it." I hesitantly grab ahold of the doorknob and push my door open. I reach over to flick the light on and JongHo bites his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing.

"Stop it!" I slap his chest before placing my hand over his eyes.

"It's cute. I just didn't expect this from you. I imagined purple or like a pale blue, but no—it's pastel pink. A hell of a lot of pastel pink." JongHo carefully lowers my hand from his eyes and steps further into my room. He turns toward my dresser and quickly looks away.

"Just say it and get it over with." I stand next to the door with my arms crossed.

"Butterflies. There are pink and purple glowing butterflies. There's one thing that's slightly more critical and less on the amusing side. Your bed. It's so tiny." JongHo sits down on the edge of my bed in amusement.

"It's a twin—shut up. I'm going to take this stupid test." I swallow hard as I spin around on my heel and head toward the bathroom.

I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to know, but I have to. I can't keep putting this off. If I am pregnant, I have to do something about it before I'm too far along. I should get prenatals and all the other special things pregnant women get. I'll have to start thinking about how I'm going to tell the others before it starts to show. I'll have to figure out how to tell SeongHwa—my parents—ChanHyuck.

I stand frozen in fear as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. JongHo's just on the other side of the wall, completely oblivious to my racing heart and tightening chest. I manage to snap myself out of it long enough to dig through the medicine cabinet for my pills. I take one out of the bottle and turn the faucet on. I place the pill in my mouth and use my hands to gather some water. I swallow it down and grip on the edge of the counter while I wait for it to kick in.