|thirty-three|

|ChanHyuck's POV|

"Come on girls, you have to go get changed. You need your makeup done, too." I instruct as I try to get them out of the way. I'm big into surprises and I got them one final predebut surprise.

"I'll see you when you're done. Good luck with rehearsal!" JongHo calls after SunMi before turning to face me.

The moment we're sure the girls can't hear us, we begin going over the plan for what feels like the ten millionth time.

"So during their encore stage we start singing, right?" JongHo asks as the rest of the Ateez boys make their way backstage to join us.

"Yes. They'll start their encore stage then the music will shut off and the lights will go down. When the lights go down, the video will start. It'll be followed by a slideshow with all their pictures. When the slideshow starts is when you guys come out. The music should start as soon as the slideshow does." I explain as the other boys crowd around us.

"We've got the goods, too." HongJoong smiles as he motions toward MinGi and YunHo. They both have their arms full of bouquets. Each bouquet is matched perfectly to each of the girls' personalities.

Our baby JuHee has a bouquet of daisies to mimic her innocence. Aera's is a colorful collection of snapdragons to represent her strength. NaHee's bouquet is littered with calla lilies to display her purity and Queen Anne's lace to symbolize her position as the haven of the group. JiSu is blessed with an endless number of pink flowers, but the one flower that holds the most meaning is the accent baby's breath. It puts JiSu's everlasting love out there for the world to see. SunMi's bouquet is something no one can ever mimic. JongHo put a lot of thought into preparing hers. I couldn't name all the flowers in it if I tried, but it's obvious what it's supposed to represent—her uniqueness.

"We have to get you guys in a dressing room. The girls can't see you. I'll take you back there, but I have a favor to ask—I have a few more quests coming, do you think you could help them find their way back to the room?" I ask as I scratch at the back of my neck. I hadn't really thought all of this through, but there's no backing out now. Everyone is already on their way. This is happening if I like it or not.

"Of course! Just tell us where to find them and we'll get them back here safely." YunHo chirps as he sets the bouquets down on the makeup counter.

"They'll be coming in the back door. There should be six or seven more people coming." I inform them while watching the girls dressing room door closely.

"Okay, no problem." MinGi agrees full heartedly.

I quickly force them into the nearest room I'm sure the girls won't go near. It's going to be pretty full, but it'll work. It has to.

"Hey, ChanHyuck. Where do you want us?" NamJoon asks as he and the others come walking toward me.

"You guys are right here." I push the door of their waiting room open. I hold it for them before stepping back and letting it shut with a quiet click.

"Am I clear to head up to the booth with SeongHwa?" JongHo peeks his head out of the room.

"Yeah, hurry though. They should be coming out any minute. Did you double check everything last night?" I ask as I follow him toward the stairs.