|nineteen|

|Aera's POV|

"When is she gonna be done talking to JuHee? It's been like a year. Isn't it my turn yet? I have to give her a piece of my mind. She left me in the dark. I was freaking out. I thought someone climbed through the window and stole her." I complain as I lean my head over the back of the couch to watch NaHee in the kitchen.

"First of all, your windows don't open. Second, she would've put up a fight if that were the case. Third, give the poor girl a second to talk to the baby. She'll get to you when she's ready." NaHee shakes her head as as she places the last of the waffles on the plates.

"I want to talk to her. I miss her." I drag out the last sentence for dramatic effect—one of the many things I'm good at.

"Stop complaining and come get your food. I don't know what you want on top. I know JiSu wants syrup and strawberries. JuHee will probably want bananas, strawberries and Nutella." NaHee mumbles as she begins putting the younger two's food together for them.

"Nutella, strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream." I state confidently as I hop to my feet and make my way toward her.

"Aera! Sun said she's gonna call you in a few minutes!" JuHee chirps as she hurries toward us, JiSu right behind her.

"I'll eat later!" I push the plate toward NaHee and hurry toward my room.

I slam the door behind me and jump onto my bed. I tug my phone from the charger and stare down at it waiting. I watch the clock on my phone change.

Nine thirty-three. Nine thirty-four. I roll my eyes and fall back onto the bed. She's taking too long. I've been waiting three minutes. JuHee said a few minutes. A few minutes means two minutes and no more.

I jump as my phone goes off. I smile brightly as I stare down at her contact picture. I took it when she was sleeping. JuHee and I doodled on her face with purple eyeliner. She wasn't a happy camper. I quickly hit answer and hold my phone to my ear.

"Sun! Where the hell did you go to? You scared me! I thought I was losing my mind. I was starting to think you were actually a ghost and just vanished on me. You can't do that ever again—do you understand me? I'm your unnie! You have to listen to me." I insist as I pout at my reflection in the mirror on the far side of the room.

"First, none of us use honorifics. We agreed it wasn't necessary. Second, if I was a ghost, you wouldn't be able to hug me and poke me like you usually do. Third, do you really think I'd just disappear?" SunMi mumbles.

"Those are all facts, however, you still can't leave me. What was I supposed to do if I woke up from a nightmare and didn't have my cuddle buddy? Am I supposed to go sleep in NaHee's bed with her and JuHee? Am I supposed to cuddle the cat I'm allergic to?" I complain as I sit up.

"You're fine, aren't you? You didn't die without me—or did you? Are you the ghost?" SunMi chuckles cheerfully—unlike her usual self.

"No, I'm not fine. I am deeply scarred. I thought one of my best friends just up and left. Do you know how traumatic that can be?" I sniffle as I grab my pillow and hold it to my chest.

"Stop being dramatic. You're fine. I know you are. If you weren't someone would've told me." SunMi immediately shuts down my pity parade.

"Fine, but where did you go? NaHee said someone picked you up, but who? Who would pick you up at like three in the morning? They must like you a hell of a lot. If it were me, my friends would tell me to suck it up and stay home. Hell—they wouldn't even answer their phones with the exception of one." I accidentally give out too information. I hope she doesn't catch on to it.