| 𝟐𝟏

October 2nd, 2012.
California, US.
Keigi

"You know that you may face multiple years in jail for killing Brandon, right?" A female voice said through the phone. Rakim was walking around the room with the phone on his hand.

"What if we say that it was self-defense? Cause it fuckin' was!" Rakim anxiously suggested.

"I already told them that. They said they will look through the case more. They will inform us about the court date. I will call you for any possible updates." His lawyer said and Rakim ended the call.

"It's not going good?" I asked and came to lay on the bed with me.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, Nast's shouting woke me up." I admitted and he chuckled.

"I see. How's the wound?"

"Good, I didn't have to wake up in the night, cause of the pain." I said and he nodded.

"But enough about me. What's going on with your case?" I worriedly asked and he let out a sigh of frustration.

"I don't know. Jessica was always saving my ass in the court in the past but, I don't know if she can save me in this one too." He muttered with his eyes looking down on his hands and I kind of felt bad.

"Everything is gonna be okay. Don't stress about it."

"No it's not. I killed a man, K. I took a life. When I was younger, that didn't mean shit to me but now it does. I don't wanna spend the rest of my life in jail." He was anxious about this and he had every reason to be.

"It was self-defense and I'm sure that the judge would do the same." I assured but that didn't seem to help him.

"Rakim, c'mon. You ain't going to jail. Even if you will, we're gonna bail you out." I put my hands on his cheeks and lifted his face up, so he would look at me.

"We will be able to bail you out, trust me. It was self-defense, so the judge won't drop the whole bailing-out plan." He nodded and I kissed his forehead.

"Thank you. That made me feel good." He admitted and I smiled. He was so cute at that moment.

"Okay, let's have that ten minutes hug!" I cheered and he let out a silent laugh. I took it as a yes and wrapped my arms around his waist, as I felt his big arms hugging me, with his face buried on my neck, kissing on it softly.

"It tickles!" I said and he continued kissing my neck more.

"Mhm." He muttered and we laid on the bed until we fell asleep.

A few hours later...

"Is everything ready for tomorrow?" I asked everyone and they all nodded.

Tomorrow is Rakim's twenty-fourth birthday. We were planning on throwing a surprise party and invite some of his friends.

"Yo, K. Riri will be able to attend." Ferg said and I clapped my hands.

"I'm finna meet her." I whispered to myself and got back to work.

A few hours later, everything was ready. We just had to hide everything. The party would start at eight, after Rakim's dinner date with his lawyer. She got some new information about the case.