Early Morning Problems (Vilkas x Reader)

All the words that are in italics are from the past.

warnings: I do not own the art!

Y/N's POV

"Love, you need to wake up. I've already let you sleep for an extra 15 minutes."
  I'm definitely not a morning person. My whole life I've been used to sleeping in. But that all changed when I met Vilkas.
  "Do we have to train this morning?" I said as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
  "Yes. Training gets you warmed up for the day. It's good for you." He responded. I looked up and saw that he already had his armor on, so that means there's no talking him out of it.
   "Come on, I'll help you with your armor." He said as he took my hand and pulled me out of bed.
    "Vilkas, I'm a grown woman. I don't need you to help me put armor on." I said while stretching.
    "Yes, but if I don't you'll go back to sleep. Then nothing gets done." He said plainly as he grabbed my armor on the bed.
    "When did you put that there?"
    "While you were dead asleep," He said as he handed the first piece to me, "Put it on."
   I rolled my eyes at him in response and grabbed the first piece from him.
   "Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find a brain in there."
    "Vilkas!" I yelled as I playfully punched him in the arm. He gave me a smug grin in response.

  When I first joined the Companions, I was so used to sleeping when I want and as long as I want. Vilkas would wake me up in the early hours in the morning for training sessions. Because apparently I wasn't trained well enough to survive. I still remember how he would do it.

  "Wake up, Whelp."

   I stretched my arms up, then put them over my face. Vilkas removed my arms from my face almost immediately, and he received a groan in response.
   "I'm awake, you jerk." I said as I put my arms back over my face. Only to have him remove them once more.
    "It's nearly 6 in the morning. It's time to train. I'll give you a few minutes to get dressed, then meet me in the courtyard.
     I groaned again in response.

Vilkas's POV

  "It's been almost ten minutes, where the hell is she?!" I said as I put my sword down.
  "Don't worry, brother. I'm sure she'll be out soon. Maybe she's having trouble with her armor." Farkas said.
   "Or having trouble getting out of bed." I said angrily as I walked back inside.
   I opened the door to the living quarters loudly. I started walking to the new bloods quarters. I pressed my ear against the door to see if I could hear anything.
   "Y/N, it's been 10 minutes! You better be awake when I open this door!"
    I heard the bed creak and I shook my head as I slammed the door open. Y/N looked at me with wide eyes and said,
   "I swear I was getting up!"
    I rolled my eyes to this. I mean, if she's gonna be a companion, she needs to put it the effort!

Y/N's POV
    I pulled my hair up in a ponytail as Vilkas finished tightening my straps.
    "You're all done." He said as he handed me my sword. I turned to take it from him and he stopped me with a kiss. I kissed him back and took the sword and sheathed it.
    "Thank you, dear."
    "No problem, Love."
   Even though Vilkas is annoying, I wouldn't trade him for the world.