Ulfric x Pregnant!Reader Part Two(The Birth)

A/N- you guys really liked this one!! so i decided to do a part two! this one is longer and slightly intense haha. Also we've gotten 800 reads!! I remember freaking out when this book got three reads. Thank you guys so much!

warnings- child birth. i am in no way an expert on childbirth! don't judge me for this! i have experienced a few other births in my life so that's where i'm getting this information from. again, i'm not a expert nor a doctor!

It's been about another week of Ulfric and You staying up reading books. You were tired, really. However, this baby wouldn't let me get any rest.

You woke up after only getting about three hours of sleep, and saw that Ulfric wasn't in the bed with you. This wasn't unusual, but that doesn't mean that you liked it. You rolled out of bed and stood up, giving yourself and nice stretch. You walked your way out to the throne room to search for your husband. Before you got there, you notice around four guards standing out in the hallway. You brushed it off and kept going, only to find more guards. You finally made it to the throne room. You only saw Jorleif in the room, sitting at the table. You walked over to him and grabbed an apple on the table before biting into it.

"Good morning, Y/N." He said with a smile as you sat at the table, but not all the way due to your belly.

"Morning. Do you know where Ulfric's wandered off to?" You asked him.

His face went slightly pale before he spoke, "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" You said, starting to panic slightly.

"There have been attacks laid out on the city. We're pretty sure it's what's left of the Imperials. They still have camps around Skyrim. Ulfric went to go check it out with Galmar and some of the men." He said.

"What?? But he hardly ever goes out of the Palace for this kind of stuff! What makes this one different?" You asked and sat your apple down.

"It's because they've been planning attacks against you."

Your face dropped. The extra security made sense now. You were speechless. You understood why they were doing it, but it was unfair. You were so close to giving birth. It could be any minute now, and Ulfric is no where to be found. He should be here, not out on the battlefield. You grabbed some extra food from the table and walked back to your room, avoiding contact with the extra amount of security along the way.

You shut your door behind you and sat up on your bed. You were worried about him not coming home. You trusted he would, but there's always that dreaded thought he might not. Of course, you could even have your baby before he gets home. He promised he would be there for the birth. You needed him there.

You have been showing signs of labor since last night, but you had just brushed the strange cramping off. It didn't last very long, only a few seconds. You mentally slapped yourself for not telling anyone about it before they decided to leave. You are some of your food you brought and started reading a book. Suddenly, you felt a really sharp pain in your abdomen that caused you to drop the book and clutch your stomach. You groaned as the pain slowly faded out.

You needed to get help, and you needed to get it fast. You weren't sure if it was time, but it surely felt like it. You stood up quickly and alerted one of the guards outside the door, and he rushed out as you limped your way back to the bed. You were scared, you didn't know if it was labor or something worse.

Suddenly, Jorleif burst into the room and caused you to jump.

"We have a priest on the way, Y/N. Don't worry. I sent guards to deliver the message to Ulfric."

"Thank you Jorleif." You said as you tried to make yourself as comfortable as possible.

The pain slowly got more intense as the hours went by. You were handling it well. The priest came by and confirmed it was time and your water had broken. It was almost time, and Ulfric hadn't made an appearance yet.

The only people you had in the room were the two priests, who were thankfully female. They were comforting you and giving you the best updates on the baby as they could. You mostly trusted your body. You knew that it would know what to do.

You and the two priests began to pray to the gods that everything would smoothly. You held the hand of one of them and you all put your heads down as the other began with the prayer.

You began taking heavier breaths as you felt another sharp pain go through you abdomen. Eyes closed, pain very clearly spread throughout your features. You tried to keep quiet so you could hear the end of the prayer. You closed your other fist and felt and warm, large hand place itself on top of it.

Your eyes shot open and met with the eyes of your lover.

"Ulfric!" You exclaimed with joy and grabbed his arm and pulled him for a kiss. As you pulled away, he smiled at you. Until you landed a smack on his chest.

"I was so worried about you! You said you'd never leave!"

"My love, I'm sorry! I didn't really have a choice!"

You didn't have time to come up with a sassy answer as you groaned loudly in pain. You felt a strong urge to push. The priest had come over to check on you and nodded to the other priest.

Suddenly the wind in the room shifted as things got hectic. The door was shut and and the two priests gathered at your lower half to help you and Ulfric sat next you on the bed and held your hand.

It was a painful, loud, and messy process. You clutched his hand tightly as he spoke reassuring words to you.

Finally, after 6 hours of labor and 37 minutes of pushing, you delivered a healthy baby girl. You noticed Ulfric put his hand over his mouth as he heard the cries of his child. You even saw a tear escape his eye.

You held the baby in your arms after you and her had been cleaned up and she had been wrapped in blankets. She was just starting to calm down, only quiet whimpers coming out of her mouth. Ulfric had cuddled both you comfortably in his arms.

"She's perfect, you're perfect, everything's perfect." You heard Ulfric say as he wiped a tear away.

"Are you crying, my love?" You asked and turned to look at him.

"I can't help myself. You both are so perfect. You did so well, my dear."

You smiled and gave him a kiss, "Would like to hold her?"

"Oh gods, yes." He said emotionally and gently took the baby from you.

You smiled at the sight in front of you. Ulfric was hold the baby gently in his arms, as if he was afraid he would break from. He was whispering sweet things to her even though she couldn't understand.

Life was perfect.