I Love Eric

NEXT DAY
"Stop!" You said playfully pushing Eric away from you "com'on babe, stay longer, you've been here for just ten minutes" Eric said touching his nose. "Wow! When you put it that way, I do sound evil. I've been here for almost two hours and I need to get going" "Stay tonight nah.. it's been a while since you visited. I really do miss you and besides, Queendaline's sleeping" "it's weekend and your offer sounds tempting but I didn't bring spare clothes" "seriously? Some of your things are here and if that's not enough, I have plenty to offer" he said giving me that cute face, the face I can't say no to "fine!" "Yeeeeh". Later that night, Queendaline's sitting on the floor, in front of the TV  watching her favorite cartoon and you're busy with your laptop. Eric comes in, giving a humongous lollipop to Queendaline and a cup of black Lipton to you "So she gets the sugar and I get the tasteless tea, I'm so jealous right now" you said giving him a short kiss "she's going to be all hyper and no sleep tonight Eric" "she deserves it. She's been sleeping all day and besides, it's weekend. Hope her Dad's aware, I don't want that man putting me in jail especially now that he's trying to play a role in her life" "speaking of him, I have something to tell you" you said looking at your daughter before closing your laptop to focus on Eric. "For the past one week, Drake kinda behaves different, like a changed man. Not only towards his daughter, but me as well. We've been making out" you said feeling and sounding ashamed. "Hana... I hope he didn't hit you" looking at him with a little bit of relieve and anger "That wasn't even in my sentence 🤦. You're not mad at me?" "Why should I, he's your husband Hana. It's not like your cheating on me, I'm not your husband" "damn you Eric!" you said hitting him on the chest "You don't love me. I thought you did, you said you did. I hate you right now" you said still hitting him "I love you Hana, with everything I've got in me" he said holding your wrist "wait, why do you want me to be angry?" "I don't want you to be angry" 😔 "you surely do sound like you want me to be angry" "You're not jealous, you feel okay about it" "why do you say so?" "I don't know. Maybe because I haven't let you and after three years, I just let Drake." They were in silence for a while "I guess your right, I have every right to be angry. For three years I've known you and for two years I've loved you. I gave you my time, gave you everything wether you asked for them or not. I'm the reason you're self employed, I'm the reason you're a mother, I'm the reason you're even alive. I've never hit you, I've always opened up  to you, I've always been here for you. Drake hated you, beat you up, rejected your existence but I was there and I'm still here but I guess it is what it is" he said with a serious face, trying not to laugh "but you said you weren't angry" Hana said crying softly so she doesn't invite Queendaline into it. "Why are you saying all this now, I toug..." "Shhhhh" Eric cut her in closing her lips with his fingers "women!" He said laughing 😂 "you're the same person complaining, asking why I'm not mad and when I get mad, you're asking why I'm mad" "I'm sorry" you said mimicking a baby's voice "It's nothing babe, seriously it really is nothing" "but you meant all what you just said" "no I didn't. I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. If it wasn't me, it would have been someone else. I'm not the reason you're anything today but rather God is the reason through me and I'm glad He used me" he said kissing her forehead "I love you Hana, and I'll understand if you prefer your husband, I'll definitely do" "I love you plenty" Hana said giving him a passionate kiss. As they drew away from the kiss, Eric frowned "Why did you do that?" He asked still frowning "I don't get you" she said trying to kiss him again but he stopped her "I hope your not doing this because you feel guilty because if that's why, I'm disappointed" "well, it's not. I...." You became speechless "Good night Hana, I'll leave you to what you were doing before I came" he said softly squeezing your shoulder and giving Queendaline a kiss on the forehead before leaving.