Kezia and Eric

FIVE DAYS LATER
KEZIA AND ERIC
KEZIA'S HOUSE
"The children really love you. See the way they were crying all over you" Eric said with a smile "yeah, about that, you can't blame them. Lovable people can't just resist me, it's obvious they are attracted to me and I worry" kezia said mimicking a sad puppy face "worry about what?" "I worry that my magnetic force will be so consuming and selfish I won't want to let go" "well, lucky for you, I'm an incredibly lovable person too. You've got nothing to worry about." Eric said pushing your hair from your face and tucking it behind your ear as your eyes meets his. "You look really magnificent in red dress. I've never seen you in red, why?" Eric's words sends you blushing pretty hard. "Well, you're right. I don't wear red because it reminds me of my late Dad." "So why wear it?" "When you told me you were going to take me to the orphanage home, it brought back memories. My Dad always took me to orphanage homes every month irrespective of the fact that work took eighty percent of his time and he'd wear red on every of such days. It became a habit we couldn't stop no matter how we tried." "Wow! Kind of a ritual?" "Yes! When my Dad died, I stopped going there. Mum tried taking me there every month but we'd turn back home half way because I'd start crying and saying "I want Dad". I burnt all of my belongings that had red in them. I guess I thought it was a way of making peace or should I say finding closure but I was just lying to myself. I really miss my Dad and I know I was hurting myself as I gradually tried to erase my Dad which hasn't been easy. I'm just realizing that I only made peace with myself the moment I stepped into that orphanage home with this dress." Kezia said unknown to her that she was in tears "you're crying Kez" "I'm sorry" "don't be. I'm so proud of you kezia and I'm glad you made the right choice" "No! I should be thanking you for inviting me to join you. Those children were so happy. Seeing that people care about them seems to give them hope." "It seems you'll always be your father's daughter no matter what".
As Eric puts his hand on your cheek, you gently tilt your face to his for a kiss but as you both are about kissing, you turn your face away from his. Eric sits upwards looking at you in amusement "what?" You said with a smile "Nothing, I'm just hungry" "then order for something, I'm not in the mood to cook, I feel so tired." "What's in your mind then?" "I don't know, anything is fine by me" kezia said heading towards her room "where to?" Eric asked "to change. I'll be out before you know it".