Chapter 1

Point Place, Wisconsin

Friday, September 15, 1978

9:30 pm

Eric Forman's basement

"I can't believe you actually went through with it," Y/N, Eric's twin sister told her brother as he sat next to Donna, his gorgeous, redheaded, feminist girlfriend. Y/N sat in the middle of the couch and was forced to scoot over to the side as Eric sat next to her. To her right sat the town's rebel and best friend, Steven Hyde. "If Dad finds out, you are so dead."

"He's not going to find out," Eric responded and pointed a finger at Y/N. "And if you say anything, I swear to God, I'll kill you."

"Okay, first of all," she started. "If I told Dad what you just did, he'd kick my ass too because I was there. Why would I need to tell on myself? And secondly, your skinny ass wouldn't be able to take me on. I've kicked your ass more times than Kelso can count."

Donna laughed. "That was a double burn."

"Why was I brought into this?" Kelso asked, sitting in the adjacent lawn chair, slurping on an orange popsicle. Kelso was the group's lovable clown, but also the playboy of it. Sure, he was pretty, but upstairs...the lights were on, but nobody was home. When it came down to sex and women, he was an expert. Everything else, well...it was good that was pretty.

"Because you're part of the reason why Eric trenched Mr. Fitzgerald's newly gardened lawn!" Y/N sassed.

"And don't forget he 'watered' his rose bushes too," Hyde said, laughing.

"You guys are awful," Y/N responded, guilt starting to gnaw on her.

"But it was funny," Fez, the foreign kid from...wherever he's from, spoke up. "Now Mr. Fitzgerald has a trenched yard."

"No, it was stupid!" Y/N said. "We almost got caught! We're not seventeen anymore, Eric. We won't go to juvie. We're eighteen, now."

"That's right, you'll be with the big boys," Hyde teased the twins. Y/N shot him a glare and he chuckled to himself. "C'mon, man, it wasn't that bad. The worst he will get is a misdemeanor and a couple dozen hours of community service."

"That's oddly specific, Hyde," she responded. "Why am I not surprised that you know that?"

"Why would you be?" he counter questioned.

"Mhm, good point," she said and smiled at him. She turned her attention back to Eric. "So, tell me again why you needed to leave an ass print on the poor man's car?"

"Poor man?" Eric questioned, sitting straight up and looking at his sister. "That 'poor man' rear ended the vista cruiser and called me a 'dumbass dopehead.' Never mind the big ass dent on the bumper, which by the way I have to pay for, I got my ass reamed by Red because it was somehow my fault even though I was just sitting at the stop light. So, the relic deserved it, Y/N."

Y/N stared at her brother for a second before saying, "You should've egged his house. You have to pay—what—eighty bucks for a new bumper?" Eric nodded. "Then you destroy what eighty dollars is worth of property. Make that dillhole pay."

"I like her style," Hyde said with a proud smile. "You know, Y/N, we could rule this town with some vigilantism. Bring some color to this town. Take over the government."

Y/N looked over her shoulder at him, wearing an amused look. "I think you need to lay off the circle a bit," she giggled. "It's caused you to lose your mind."