The Worst DADA Teacher, Dolores Umbridge

Today, I wake up to Xander shaking me, whispering loudly, "You never sleep this much! wake up Cedric!" I open my eyes and pull the covers off. He is already in his robes. I ask, yawning, "How long till classes start." He replies, "30 minutes." I rush into the showers.

I am in my robes, correcting my tie, or trying my best to. We are running to the great hall as we already are five minutes late. Umbridge stops us in the corridors and asks, "What are you two doing here?" I respond, as Xander is not good with sudden confrontation, "We are just heading to the Great Hall, professor." She looks at me, up and down, and says, in a irritating voice, "Aren't you supposed to be..." she gives a small gap before saying, "Dead?" I feel insulted and annoyed. I say, "No, he who must not be named has returned though." she screams, "Enough! Detention Mr. Diggory."

I am left there, baffled at her. Quintessa smacks our heads and says, "Five minutes and you two get in trouble. I need to keep a close eye on you, especially, Cedric." She pulls Xander by his collar and I silently walk to the Hufflepuff table. I make eye contact with Harry, who is rubbing his the back of palm and has something which looks like a bandage wrapped around his hand. I stop near him for a spilt second and ask, "Alright there Harry?" He turns and nods, so I leave to go back to our table.

***

First class, DADA with Gryffindor. I think Umbridge already hates me, and I know I hate her. She walks inside, looks at each one of us and then says, "Hello children, I will be your new DADA teacher." I spot Fred and George are sitting in front of us, whispering aggressively. I put a hand on Fred or George, really hard to tell them apart, I put a hand on one of their shoulders and whisper, "Stop, she is here."

She walks in our direction and I mumble, "There goes my evening." she says, "Mr. Weasleys and Mr. Diggory, is it something important you want to discuss the important talk with the rest of the class?" I open my mouth to answer when she snaps, "I never asked you explanation Mr. Diggory, as good of a worker your father is, you are the exact opposite, always want to have the first word and being selfish! and Mr Weasleys, the both of you,, five points from Gryffindor. Mr Diggory, you will met me in my office."

I know one thing for sure, I am going to have a long year, Lockhart was better than she is! I need to keep my cool here and not burst out at her. My leg is trembling, I am trying to stop it. Umbridge walks to the front of the class and says, "You will use Ministry approved books, here they are!" a few books drop on our tables and we flip through it. I flip through it over again and again, hoping to see some defensive spells or charms or something! But nothing! I know very well not to open my mouth. if I did, I could surely kiss the house points goodbye.

Angelina Johnson spoke up to my luck. She says, "We don't have any defensive spells, charms or anything about defence! What about those of us who want to actually become an Auror? We need to know how to defend ourselves!" Umbridge snaps, "Auror? You? You children should hope that the best place you will get is somewhere in the Ministry. And why will you even need to become an auror? What is even wrong with the current Aurors?" I breathe in deeply, telling myself not to speak.

Quintessa speaks, finally, "They will get old in a few years, they might killed in a fight, we never know!" I mumble, "Go Quin." Umbridge yells, "Open your books, study hard and you will pass, if not you shall not pass." I think that after this I will have a free period. And maybe I can at least forget all about this.

The class finally finished and I run to the fountain Cho and I were sitting yesterday. I sit there, head in my arms, trying to just drain in what happened in the class. Detention. I never get in trouble. I hear a male voice say, "Oh look who it is! Cedric the freak!" another female voice says, "Obviously he got in some trouble because of his freakiness. Hey Freak! look at us! or are you too shy to talk out to us." another one of them says, "Are you crying, Diggory? such a cry baby!" and a
rock hits my head, hard.