N. E. W. T.s

The long days go by slowly, in a speed I have never encountered. After the wait, which I feel is the longest wait, the day finally arrives when I will be writing my N. E. W. T.s

I have absolutely no idea why I am excited about this, but for some reason I really am. There is this voice in my head that keeps saying 'One more day, Cedric. One more day and you will be walking as a free man out of Hogwarts.'

I will be taking N.E.W.T.s in Portions, DADA, Transfiguration and Charms. Flitwick said this morning that he wanted to talk to me, personally, before the N.E.W.T.s. He also mentioned that someone wanted to meet me.

Who could want to meet me? Why would someone want to meet me of all people?

Flitwick enters my room, nearly startling me. He says, "So, Mr. Diggory, this is the end? Three years later you will have finish your Auror training." I shrug, "Yeah..." I snoop out of the wall to see if I could see who wanted to meet me.

I hear a voice say behind me, "There is no use in looking out, Mr. Diggory."  I gasp when I see who it is. It is Dumbledore himself.

"What I wanted to tell you is that you might not get accepted as an auror immediately. People...have spread a few rumours about you." He says.

"What are they, Professor?" I ask, pouring tea into three teacups.

He answers, sipping the tea, "I don't think you deserve to know that at the correct moment."

Flitwick interrupts, "Professor, I do think that he deserves to know what is happening around hogwarts and the Ministry."

Dumbledore sighs and says, "These rumours suggest that you are working for Voldemort."

I spit the words out, "What?! That's not true, I-I-I never did anything like th-that. Why me?"

Dumbledore continues, "Now now, Cedric. There are a few suggesting that Pettigrew came to hogwarts to escort a student. We didn't know who the student was, but we do now."

I question, "Who is that person, sir?"

"Draco Malfoy. He is told to be a death eater's off spring, even though it is just the rumours."

I nod along to what he is saying. He says, at last, "Be careful in the auror's course."

"Yes, professor."

"Now, I shall leave you and your thoughts. All the best for you N.E.W.T.s."

"Thank you, professor."
***
I put on my robes for the first time in months. The plan is to mix in with other students, maintain my distance from teachers, write my N.E.W.T.s and get the hell out of here.

I pull my tie up. "Perfect." I whispered to myself.  I hear someone scream. I look around and think that maybe someone is just messing around.

I hear something in front of the wall. "Bombarda!"

I draw my want out.

"BOMBARDA MAXIMA!"

The wall shatters in front of me. It's Umbridge. Gosh not again.

Mcgonagall comes rushing and asks, "Cedric! Are you....Umbridge."

Umbridge says, "Minerva. Did you know about Mr. Diggory staying in Hogwarts when he was supposed to be expelled?"

"Why yes I did." Mcgonagall replies

She turns to me and says, "Flee." I clear my mind and apparate. I don't know where I landed but I can swear it's somewhere hot.