6-compulsion

For the next few hours, you were uncomfortable and annoyed. You were pretty sure Hotch and Reid were too. You had been avoiding Hotch, suddenly afraid you might have been coming across as wanting to be more than friends. As for Spencer, you weren't exactly avoiding him, but you knew something was wrong and it seemed like he didn't want to talk to you about it. At the same time, you could tell the two of them weren't talking either.

It was 5pm when you all returned to the campsite. You immediately headed to the showers to freshen up before dinner. As you were washing your hair you were reminded of the sleeping arrangements. It would already be weird enough having to sleep next to Hotch after being accused of having a relationship with him. It was going to be even worse having Reid on the other side of you watching your every move. You sighed as you rinsed out your hair and washed your body.

When you finished, you dried off and put on black sweatpants and a dark gray tshirt with the name of your old high school on it. You combed through your hair and started walking back to the site, hoping things would go back to normal soon. You got back to see JJ and Hotch making dinner and you walked over to the table to sit with Emily and Penelope.

"Do either of you know what's going on between Reid and Hotch? I've never seen them act this way before" Penelope asked you and Prentiss.

You shook your head, not wanting to tell them about what happened earlier. You knew nobody else would agree with Spencer's theory, but they would probably still tease you and Hotch and that was the last thing you wanted.

Tired from the past few days, everyone went to bed early. And when you closed your eyes you really hoped you wouldn't wake up with your arms around anyone.

-

"Y/n, wake up. We have to go, we got a new case 30 minutes from here."

You heard the voice and felt them gently shake your arm. "Wha- What are you talking about? We're on a trip" you grumbled as your eyes opened to see Spencer leaning over you with his hand on your arm.

"The trip's cut early...pack up your stuff and get ready, coffee's waiting outside." You heard him leave, unzipping the tent to step out and then closing it again.

So much for any relaxation. Once you had enough energy you lifted yourself up and walked over to your bag. You put on black work pants, a dark purple button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black mini heels. You grabbed your makeup bag and put on some mascara and concealer, then pinned back two small pieces from the front of your hair. You tried your best to not look like you had been sleeping on the hard ground for the past three nights. When you walked outside with your bag in hand, you saw everyone already taking down the other tent and loading up the cars.

"Rossi and I will brief everyone in the cars, try to eat something before we get there. I have a feeling we won't have have much downtime" Hotch said to everyone and then carried a few more bags to the cars.

-

By the time you got to the hotel, it was 10pm. The team had spent the entire day at the police department starting to build a profile. Luckily for you, nothing seemed to have changed between you and Hotch. You did catch him staring at you a couple times but you just brushed it off. Spencer was avoiding you and you were pretty sure he still felt bad about yesterday.

Everyone's rooms were next to each other so you all rode the elevator up together and said goodnight as you opened your doors. You kicked off your shoes, pulled the rubber band out of your hair, and threw yourself onto the bed. It had been a long day and you were exhausted. You had just started to unbutton the top of your shirt when there was a knock on your door. You dragged yourself up and looked through the peephole to see Hotch standing there.

~

As soon as he knocked, he wondered if he had just made a mistake. Hotch knew there were more feelings than friendship between him and y/n, on his part at least. There were so many of those late nights when he wished she would sleep in his bed next to him instead of on the couch. So many times he wished he could tell her the truth about how he felt. But it was wrong, he was her boss and he would never want her to feel pressured because of that. Still, after what Reid said the other day and the jealousy he felt when he saw her talking to other guys, he felt like he had to be honest with her.

~

You opened the door and stared at Hotch for a moment, unsure of what to say. You noticed he had already taken off his tie and jacket, and his shirt was slightly unbuttoned. You realized it was probably about work or Jack so you asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine. I wanted to talk to you about something though, would you mind if I came in?"

You nodded and opened the door more, sliding out of the way for him to enter. You shut the door and turned around to see him sitting on the edge of your bed. You sat next to him, waiting to hear what he would say. It felt like hours went by before he started talking.

"Over the years you've been with this team, I've probably spent more time with you than anyone else. I value you as an agent, but also as a friend who has helped me and Jack. We've grown close and because of everything you've done for me, I would never want to jeopardize our friendship."

You weren't sure where this was headed. Why would he need to come sit down in your room to tell you how much he appreciated you? Unless...oh. You thought to yourself- no, that would be crazy.

As the words came out of his mouth, you stared at him. He looked up and analyzed your facial expression, then he shifted his leg to be less than an inch away from yours.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable in any way. I know this is wrong since I'm your superior... but, y/n, you make me feel a way I haven't felt in a very long time. The way you tilt your head back when you laugh, the little jokes you makes, and the way you've been a friend to me. It makes me wish we could be more. I completely understand if you don't feel the same way, if you don't I'll walk out right now and we can pretend this never happened." He had been avoiding your eyes, but now he looked right into them.

Thoughts rushed through your head at a thousand miles a second. Ever since yesterday, you had started to wonder if there was something going on but neither of you wanted to admit it. You remembered all the times you told yourself it would never work. What would happen if you dated and broke up? One of you would have to leave the team. As you thought of all the reasons it wouldn't work, you felt your legs touching now. And for once in your life you decided to act on your feelings instead of what your head was telling you.

You grabbed his hand that was closest to you, "Aaron.." you began to speak but when he looked into your eyes you melted. You immediately leaned in closer, he placed his hand on your cheek and pulled you towards him until your lips crashed together. The touch of his lips sent all rational thought through the window. You felt his tongue slowly enter your mouth and you reached your hand to the back of his head and let it brush through his hair. His soft lips pulled at your lips and you let out a soft moan.

The kiss became more passionate as you swung one leg on each side of him so you straddled him. He started kissing your neck sucking on the soft skin, you slowly moved your hips against him in return. As his lips returned to yours, you put both your hands on the sides of his face and he shoved one of his hands through your hair.

You both jumped apart when you heard a knock on your door.