Ch. 1

Red.

Red had always been Roman's favorite color.

The funny thing about red, is that you can't make it. It isn't something that can be remade. Of course, magenta and yellow make red, but you need red to make magenta in the first place.

Red was completely original, maybe that's why he liked it so much.

"Yoohoo~? Roman~? You're off in Wonderland again!" His brother, Remus, waved a hand in front of his face.

"I wish I was in Wonderland instead of in here with you." Roman grumbled back. Remus snorted.

"What are you thinking about?" Remus asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Red." Roman responded without missing a beat.

"Again? Jesus, man! What is it with you and red?" Remus rolled his eyes. "Is it because it's the color of the blood that flows in our veins? Don't believe me? I can cut yours open if you'd like!"

"Remus," Their father warned.

Remus rolled his eyes, ignoring him. "And anyways, green is totally better! I totally thought you would be more into green than red!"

Ah, yes. When they were eight, Roman's obsession with the color red began. He had made everything he owned red, and Remus retaliated by making all of his own things green.

Did he do it because he actually likes the color, of just to spite Roman? He doesn't know.

"Green is the color of snot, shit, and Disney villains." Roman scoffed.

"Exactly! My three favorite things!" Remus chirped. Roman cringed.

"You're disgusting."

"Boys!" Their father snapped. "Can we have one car ride without you two arguing?"

"Why do we have to transfer anyways?" Roman asked, crossing his arms. "I liked our old school, I actually had friends there!"

"Like who? That Broadway karaoke YouTube channel?" Remus cackled when Roman slapped his arm.

"Remus!" Their father yelled.

"At least I didn't eat my lunch in the bathroom!"

"Roman!"

"What can I say? The scent of feces makes me hungry!"

"You're disgusting!"

"You're just bland! Where's the flavor?!"

"Boys! I will turn this car around!"

"Nice! It's working!" Remus loudly whispered to Roman, who rolled his eyes and shoved him.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence, Remus pulling out his phone and scrolling through something.

When they finally arrived, Roman found himself staring at a house.

Their house.

Their new house.

"What do you think? Isn't she beautiful?" Their father asked.

Remus gave a grunt in agreement, not even looking up from his phone.

"This is it, huh?" Roman mumbled, looking at the houses next to it.

"Yup! A house to call our own. The furniture will be here on tomorrow, so we get to use the sleeping bags you packed for now." Their father sighed. He glanced at them. "So, you get to claim bedrooms--"

They both instantly shot their heads over to him, equally bewildered.

"You mean...?" Roman began.

"We don't have to share a room anymore...?" Remus finished. He turned to Roman, giving him a dramatic bow. "Brother dearest, it has been an honor to be your roommate for all these years."

"You're a fucking dork."

"Did you know dork means whale penis?"

"I could've lived my whole life without that information."

"But what's the fun in that?"

"Well--" Roman suddenly felt as if all the air had been knocked out of him.

His eyes widened, his face turning bright red.

There, in the yard next to theirs, was a boy around their age.

His hair was dyed violet, resting perfectly on his head. He had dark circles under his eyes, which only seemed to add more to his character.

He was trimming the bushes, not even paying attention to them. He carefully examined where he should cut next, moving flawlessly and gracefully. Huh, Roman never thought he would say that about someone who was trimming some bushes.

He had to be the most beautiful boy Roman had ever seen.

Remus, who was confused by Roman's abrupt stop, followed his line of sight.

Remus turned back to Roman with a smirk on his face.  Roman, who teared his eyes away from the boy, glared at him.

"Jesus, Ro. We've been here for less than 5 minutes and you're already checking someone out." Remus teased.

Their father, who hadn't been paying attention, glanced at them. "Well? Aren't you going to go pick?"

"First one there gets the biggest room!" Remus exclaimed, rushing into the house.

"You cheated!" Roman yelled, running after him.

---

Roman pouted. The rooms were only slightly different in size, but it still pissed him off.

Roman sighed. They would officially be starting a new school year tomorrow. Roman just hoped that Remus would actually make a good first impression this time.

Eventually, Roman's thoughts drifted back to the boy from earlier.

Roman hoped he would see him again. He didn't think he ever felt his heart race so fast for anyone before. And that was really saying something! Roman was a hopeless romantic by nature. He fell in love super easily, but now he realizes that he didn't know what love was.

Remus had always said that love at first sight wasn't a thing, but Roman respectfully disagreed.

Well, saying Roman was in love was a bit of an overstatement. It was more like, he was instantly drawn to him.

He wanted to know more about the boy with violet hair.

Violet. What did violet and red make again?

Oh.

Roman thinks he just found his new favorite color.

Magenta.

A/N:

I feel like you should go into my fanfictions with the mentality of "okay, so how is this gonna go wrong."