Ch. 13

The day of the party approached rapidly.

It took a bit of convincing, but they did get Logan to be their designated driver. Which basically means that they convinced Logan to drop them off and pick them up at a specified time.

"You have to be back by 11, don't forget." Patton lectured Logan, getting out of the car.

"Go away." Logan said.

"Bye, Lo!" Roman chirped, waving.

Logan didn't bother replying, and just drove away.

"Wow, rude." Virgil snorted.

"Oh my God! Ree-Ree! Ro-Ro! Vee-Vee! You made it!" Remy exclaimed, walking out of the house. He had a drink in his hand, and someone's belt around his neck.

"Vee-Vee...?" Virgil murmured.

"And who's this little guy?" Remy asked, patting Patton on the head.

"I'm Patton!" He beamed, holding out his hand for a handshake.

Remy shook his hand, tearing up. "Oh, you're so cute! Tell me, babe. Do you know what a hookah is?"

"Remy." Remus scowled.

"Sorry!" Remy grinned. "It's been forever since I've seen you, Ree! How've you been? Getting into trouble, I assume?"

"Me? Trouble?" Remus blinked innocently.

"You set the toaster on fire yesterday." Roman rolled his eyes.

"I didn't get in trouble for that! It was dad's idea!" Remus exclaimed, glaring at him. Remy laughed.

"Come on in, you're super late!" Remy chirped.

"It's 6:49, the party started at 6:30?" Virgil rose a brow.

"Yeah, late." Remy rolled his eyes, walking back to the house. "Welcome to my abode."

Remy opened the door.

There were a bunch of people in the room they were in. Some were dancing, others were smoking something. The music was loud, it practically shook the floor.

"Fair warning, someone put a shit ton of vodka in the punch!" Remy told them, attempting to make his voice louder than the noise. "So unless you're prepared, I would suggest getting something out of the fridge!"

And with that, Remy walked into the crowd.

---

Roman quickly discovered that no, he wasn't a party person.

He tried really hard to enjoy himself, but he didn't know any of these people. Also, he was a terrible dancer, he didn't smoke, he didn't know how to play pool, and the actual pool was full of a people.

Remus and Patton had ran off somewhere, so it was just Virgil and Roman hanging out.

They had found some random room that was quieter than the rest. Not silent, but they didn't have to yell to hear each other anymore.

"I feel like this was a mistake." Roman sighed.

"I really expected you to be the type to love this sort of thing." Virgil hummed.

"I did too, but..." Roman huffed. "I dunno, I'm just not a fan."

"Well, we can't just leave. Logan isn't set to come for another five hours." Virgil shrugged.

"Yeah..." Roman sighed. "What do you think we should do until then?" Roman got an idea, which usually wouldn't have spawned from his brain. "Maybe we could...I dunno..."

Roman casually rubbed Virgil's arm.

Virgil followed his hand with his eyes. "Yeah...?"

"We could...play around a little." Roman tilted his head. Virgil's face turned scarlet.

"Pl-Play around?!" He squawked. "H-How do you mean?!"

"Well, it's just a suggestion, but..." Roman moved his hand up to Virgil's face, tracing his jawline. "We could--"

Suddenly, Roman's phone began ringing.

Logan

"Oh, it's Lo." Roman hummed. Virgil, who still seemed pretty flustered, nodded.

Roman answered it. "Hey--!"

"Roman." Logan began. "Have I ever told you that my dad is a detective?"

"...uh, no?" Roman murmured, furrowing his brow.

"Well he is. A really good one, in fact. I want to be just like him."

"...o...okay...?" Roman was confused.

"A-And he sometimes he likes to tell me what his new case is about." Logan took a deep breath. "They've marked Janus' death as a murder, Roman."

"...what?" Roman whispered, standing up. "I thought it was marked as a suicide?"

"It was!" Logan huffed. "But apparently some new information has come up. Something about fingerprints on the...on what the weapon was. They were really smudged, but they apparently could tell they didn't belong to Janus."

"So, what you're saying is..."

"There's a possibility that someone...killed...Janus, then staged it to make it look like he..." Logan's voice was shaking dangerously. "I've been trying to get in touch with the others, but no one's answering me."

"We need to talk about this in person." Roman said. "Can you come pick us up?"

"...Y-Yeah. Yeah, I can do that." Logan told him.

"Thanks, Lo." Roman hung up the phone. "We need to go to Logan's house now."

"Did something come up?" Virgil asked, though Roman was certain he heard that entire conversation.

"Janus' death was marked as a murder." Roman huffed.

Alarm passed through Virgil's eyes. "We should get the others."

"Right." Roman nodded firmly.

---

Unfortunately, that seemed to be a very daunting task, considering the amount of people in the vicinity.

Roman tried to get into the mindset of his brother. If he was Remus, where would he go?

That line of thought lead him go the master bedroom.

He opened the door, and found Remus and Patton making out on the bed. Patton was in the middle of unbuttoning Remus' shirt.

"Jesus!" Roman exclaimed, averting his eyes. Virgil peeked in, and immediately burst into laughter.

Remus and Patton jumped away from each other, both turning to Roman with wide eyes and flushed faces.

"Ro! Wh-What are you--?!" Remus laughed awkwardly, buttoning up his shirt. "You should learn to knock, sometime!"

"D-Did you need something, Ro-Ro?" Patton asked, fanning himself.

"Logan's coming to pick us up. We need to go. Now." Roman replied seriously.

Remus nodded, seeing the expression on his brother's face.

A/N:

I was originally going to make Roman have fun, but I don't like parties so I couldn't figure out how 👁👄👁

Also, I was going to add the conversation where they convinced Logan to go, but it was too short to hold any value.