Ch. 22

"Oh my god, are you actually talking to someone other than Charming?" Susan asked, staring wide eyed at Virgil. "This is a rare sight!"

"Answer the goddamn question, Susan."

"I was just addressing the rumors that have surfaced recently, that's all." Susan shrugged. "Tell me, Pryder, was there any romantic activity between you and Janus Orm?"

"How dare you?"

That wasn't Virgil.

Susan swiveled around, finding Patton glowering at her. "Janus was killed, and you're spreading rumors about him?"

"I'm just doing my duty as a reporter--"

"I didn't know a reporters duty was to speak ill of the dead." Patton growled. "You disgust me. Janus was ace aro, first of all. And even if he wasn't, he would never go for Virgil!"

"And why is that?" Susan rose a brow.

"Because Roman likes Virgil, obviously." Patton glared at her. "Janus was kind, he wouldn't dare to try and take him while Roman had feelings for him."

Roman turned bright red, burying his face in his hands.

"And another thing!" Patton spat. "Roman would never resort to murder if that was the case. Roman is reckless, but everything he does is for the sake of either his friends or himself!"

He got up in her face, shoving an accusing finger in her chest. "How dare you even suggest that Roman would kill Janus?"

"I-I--" Susan stammered, paling.

"That about sums up what I had to say." Virgil nodded. "Roman would never do such a thing."

"S-So you're dismissing the rumors?" Susan asked.

"Murder is a serious accusation, Susan. You could go to jail for saying something like that." Patton sneered, crossing his arms.

Her eyes widened. "No! I'm planning to become a reporter, you can't--"

"Get out of my sight." Patton snarled. Instantly, she scurried away like the cockroach she was.

"Patton, thank you." Roman smiled.

Patton pursed his lips, shoving past him. "We're not friends."

Roman's smile instantly evaporated. Virgil gave a low whistle, watching Patton leave. "Damn, that was harsh. You still up for the park?"

"...uh, yeah. Yeah I'm still going." Roman nodded, looking at him.

Virgil's grey eyes lit up with glee. "Great!" He grabbed Roman's hand, leading him outside.

"Wait," Roman told him, pulling his hand away. He took his phone out of his pocket. "I forgot to tell Remus." He murmured.

Yo

Piece of shit

Virgil wants to take me somewhere so just go home without me

🖕

"He says he's fine with it." Roman told Virgil, who grinned.

"Great!" He chirped, bounding up to his car and holding the door open for Roman.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Roman asked, getting in.

"You'll see." He chuckled, closing the door.

---