Ch. 18

They all followed the nurse into the hospital room, coming in one by one.

Logan had been strapped to a bunch of machines. He looked pale, lifeless. Roman might've thought he was dead if it wasn't for the rise and fall of his chest.

"Mr. Berry, have a seat." Doctor Sanders, who was already in the room, gestured to the nearby chair. "I'm going to have to ask the rest of you to leave the ro--"

"No, let them stay." Theodore sat down, eyes never leaving Logan.

"Okay," Doctor Sanders hummed. "We counted a total of seventeen stab wounds, three of his ribs were broken, and we discovered signs of blunt force trauma against his head."

"Oh my god." Theodore brought a hand to his mouth.

"I'm afraid he's slipped into a coma." Doctor Sanders said.

The doctor kept speaking, but it sounded muffled to all of them.

A coma. Logan, smart, kind, thoughtful Logan had slipped into a coma?

Virgil used his arm to gently pull Roman closer to him. It was comforting, exactly what Roman needed.

"Do you know when he's going to wake up?" Theodore asked quietly.

"I'm afraid not." Doctor Sanders shook his head. "It could take days, it could take weeks."

"Thank you, Doctor." Theodore whispered. Doctor Sanders nodded, before briskly leaving the room.

Silently, Theodore stood up and began lightly stroking Logan's hair. "Wake up soon, Lo. The sooner the better. I need to find the bastard that did this and put 'em away."

Roman felt like he was intruding on a private moment. One look at the other three in the room, and it was clear that they felt the same.

"Mr. Berry," Roman began quietly. "Our dad is probably wondering where we are. We should go."

"Of course, don't wanna upset your old man." Theodore murmured, not looking up from his son.

---

"Wanna come back with me, Ro?" Virgil asked, grabbing his hand.

"Is that fine with you two?" Roman asked, looking over at Remy and Remus.

Remus, who too upset over everything to speak, said nothing. He shrugged, getting into the car.

"I'll explain what happened to your dad." Remy told Roman gently. "Get some rest, Ro. You need it."

"I will." Roman smiled softly.

Roman climbed into the car with Virgil, who instantly took a deep breath. "I told him, dammit. I told him that pursuing this was dangerous!"

"Logan isn't someone who can give up after setting their mind on something." Roman told him.

"I should've been more persistent! This is all my fault!" Virgil cried, putting his head in his hands.

"No, Virge..." Roman gently put a hand on his arm. "This isn't your fault at all. The one at fault is the person who attacked Lo."

"Y-You're right. You're right. God, I'm such a mess." Virgil ran a hand through his hair. "I'm still in shock, honestly."

"Me too." Roman hummed, buckling his seatbelt. "I never thought something like this would happen! Especially not to Logan."

"He doesn't deserve this. I wish he had just listened to me!" Virgil ran a hand through his hair. "Anyways," He buckled his seat belt. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, I suppose. As fine as I can be, considering the circumstances." Roman sighed. "I already miss them."

"Well, hey. You'll always have me." Virgil shot him a smile, before starting the car. "And I would very much like to stay by your side, if I can help it."

"I dunno, Virge. I don't want you getting hurt..." Roman bit his lip.

Virgil laughed. "I don't think that'll be a problem." He said lightly. Roman tilted his head, confused. "I'm very strong, I'll have you know."

"Still..."

"Roman, I like you." Virgil told him. "And I don't care if I'm in danger because of it, I'm not going anywhere."

"What are we?" Roman asked, furrowing his brow.

"Good question." Virgil hummed, pulling out of his parking spot. "Romantic interests, maybe?"

"Just romantic interests?" Roman asked, slightly disappointed.

"Don't sound so defeated!" Virgil laughed. "That can always change."

Roman turned bright red. "O-Oh."

"You'll have to wait for that, I'm afraid." Virgil told him. "Haven't found the right timing yet."

"Understandable." Roman huffed. "Life has been...insane recently."

"When is it not insane?" Virgil asked, smirking slightly.

"Fair enough." Roman shrugged. "I hope Logan wakes up soon."

"He will!" Virgil chirped. "Logan would never let something like this stop him! He'll be back at school before you know it!"

"Right....yeah. Logan is strong!" Roman nodded, newfound determination coursing through his veins.

---

"After you." Virgil smiled, opening his front door.

"What a gentleman!" Roman giggled, walking inside.

"It's the least I can do for my prince." Virgil smirked, walking in as well and closing the door behind him.

"I'm your prince, huh?" Roman rose a brow. "What does that make you, then? My dark and stormy knight?"

"Ooh, I like that one." Virgil hummed, wrapping an arm around Roman's waist.

"What can I say? I'm pretty creative." Roman shrugged, placing his hands on Virgil's shoulders.

Virgil brought a hand to his cheek, a small smile on his face. "Is that so? How creative are you?"

Roman flushed, but kept a smirk on his face. "Very creative, I'll have you know." Roman tilted his head. "You might even call me the...Prince...of..."

Roman's mind ground to a halt when Virgil began leaning in. Roman eyes slipped closed.

Roman felt Virgil getting closer, but opened his eyes again when he abruptly stopped.

"The Prince of what?" Virgil asked, looking deeply into Roman's eyes.

"The...The Prince of Creativi--"

Virgil crashed his lips onto Roman's.

A/N:

I had something really funny to say but I forgot what it was.