Pt 1: Her encounter.

STACEY's POV
A month ago.

As I walked through the woods I kept my hands clutched to myself, not that I was freezing to death.

I kept asking 'WHAT THE FUCK BROUGHT ME HERE?' But it was too late to turn back. I had already sauntered too far that I couldn't find my way back, I was lost in thoughts.

Helpless.

Alone.

and bothered.

I tried to stop myself from taking details in the environment I was in, But I couldn't resist the creeps.

The trees shaped like monsters, the howling of wolves, broken branches cracking beneath my feet as I trembled in fear. The hooting of owls was no exception as it kept on playing in my head like a ringtone.

One step

Two steps

Five large steps

Jeez, I was TERRIFIED, I kept praying for a miracle to happen cos I needed one badly.

I looked up and saw the moon at its full size. It was my only source of hope and light, I didn't make the mistake of gazing at the thick bushes at my sides.

I couldn't refute the feeling that I was watched.

My brain immediately recalled to those stories of werewolves,

I had a mental break down by the thought alone.

I wished the ground could just open up and swallow me, I can't take it anymore. I don't have my phone with me, but I could tell that I have been wandering here for hours...

When I brought myself to reality I could see a huge figure behind me, though it was just a shadow of the "Thing".

Adrenaline spreading through my body at the sight of it.

Sweat piling up in pits, face and palms

I gulped in saliva which made a lump in my throat.

I wondered what kind of creature could possess such a figure. I don't know what came into  me, but I took to my heels and ran as fast as I could as I had a sensation that the 'thing' spotted me.

Luckily, my brain had already done some calculations to enable me dodge some obstacles on the way.

Never looking back and never thinking of stopping.

I was starving but the situation at hand made me forget how famished I was. if I stopped now, only god knows what that creature will do to me.

I'd just make myself a free 'LUNCH'. I came to a dead-end.

No way.

No fucking way!

I slowly turned back, but I didn't see the thing pursuing me.

Well, lucky me. right?

I was panting heavily, needed air badly.

"Aaargh!", that's me screaming I thought I just saw it, wait a minute. It was my shadow! Phew!

I placed my hands on my chest in relief.

Where in the hell will that creature be now? my inner goddess questioned.

Instead of I being relieved that I lost it, I was even more TERRIFIED.

Before I knew what was going on, the creature from God Knows where, pounced on me with great impact.