Pt 14: The Game begins Now!, Or so they say?! 🤷‍♀️

Stacey's Pov.
The school bell chimes for a change of lessons.
"Psst!", I whispered eagerly to draw the attention of Kenzie.

"Have you by any chance, seen Logan today?", I asked.

"Not even a glimpse!", She replied promptly.

"Uhh, okay", I retorted worriedly.

"Missing him already?" She crumpled her eyebrows annoyingly.
My eyes were already feeling weary for rolling them several times, so I gave a reply... "Not at all, just being curious ya know?!"

"Whatever!", she said, feeling unconcerned.

He never neglects school, what's going on?

------------------- --- --- Hallway.
"Eeeeeeeeescape room?!", don't tell me that's why miss Ellison summoned us here!", I yelled.

"Girl!, can you get any louder?!", Wendy said while placing her hand on her right ear.

"Ugh, do you remember when last I found myself actually putting so much effort trying to escape from a godamn room?!", I whispered to not get the attention of miss Ellison.

"I'm guessing it didn't go so well", she replied flatly, her voice uncovering no interest.

"Umm, Nooo!, it was a total waste of time!, maybe cos I've never done it!", I said in a mild screech.

"The rules will be explained to you, immediately you step your foot inside the room", Miss Ellison endorsed.

"Put all devices, gadgets, and any equipment that will help you succeed easily, into the Dropbox placed on the floor", A choppy but calm voice rumbled from the speakers inserted on the walls.

"Oh, great! I totally forgot about this part of the game", One of the students said, swiveling her eyes.

"C'mon is this really necessary?", Adrian asked Miss Ellison.

"Yes, it is! Is that all the devices you have on you?", She asked curiously.

"Mhm, all of them", he replied.

"For some reason, I feel that you're lying, not because you just said the truth without thinking otherwise", She responded snarkily.

"Come on now, be a good boy and bring them out, unless I'll just have to take them myself! and you wouldn't blame me for that!", She clapped.

With that said, Adrian started bringing out all sorts of gadgets from unimaginable places, like from his shoe, behind his ears, teeth, hair, pocket, and others I couldn't speak of. Why am I not surprised? Adrian is like a tech magician! Wendy was another replica of him.

"Ok, students please follow me!", Miss Ellison instructed us.

"You guys are about having the fright of your life", She affirmed.

What on earth does she mean by that?! My subconscious creaked anxiously.

≈≈≈≈≈≈~≈≈≈≈≈≈~≈≈≈≈≈≈~≈≈≈≈≈≈~

Ten exhausting uncomfortable minutes later.
"Where on Neptune is miss Emilia taking us to?!", I whispered to wendy as we kept on strolling to an unknown place in the school, weird right?!.

"I'm as confused as you are Stacie!", She retorted back in a calm holler.

We kept on walking for minutes until we came to a dead end.

"Finally", I said in relief.

But to my dismay... I had no idea what miss Ellison did which made the ground we were strutting on, to open, finding myself and the others going through an underground tunnel.