1. A little recap

Billie's POV
"Billieeeee I missed you!" The sweetest little boy voice fills the room as I hear Gavin and Aldon arrive.

The little boy jumps on the couch where I'm sitting and closes me into a tight embrace.

"I missed you too, Aldon." I smile as I comb my fingers through his head full of playful curls that are black like night.

"How was it with papa?" I ask once he's done hugging me and sits down again.

"Good, we played a lot of games and swam in his pool and made friends with Gio and Ella and Luca and went to Luca his treehouse. I told them about you and about daddy." He says with the cutest smile.

"And you? Did you have fun?" I ask as I look at Gavin. He nods. "I took my yearly much needed break by the lake cabin of my parents." He answers as he sits down next to me and Aldon.

"What about you? Not too lonely?" He asks. "No, I kept myself occupied." I smile.

Wait- maybe I should give you a recap between what happened 2 years ago and now.

I still think about her every day, there's no song I wrote without thinking about her, no walk I took without thinking about her, no morning coffee without thinking about her, no sex I have without thinking about her. But I lost her two years ago and she probably moved on and I'm happy for her she did but boy do I miss her.

What happened at the fighting ring, happened a little over two years ago now. I helped her clean up the wound in her shoulder, like I did for many people many times. But for some reason it started getting infected when we were on the run so we stopped to get a hotel near a hospital, we brought her in and they helped her, I stayed by her side for a week when a doctor sent me away. He told me her situation was getting worse and she needed rest.

That was the last time I saw her. Nobody allowed me on her room anymore, she didn't pick up my calls anymore, she didn't reply to my texts anymore, I even sent her letters.

It was like she had just left, just with that vanished from the world.

I didn't go back home but continued my travel. That's when I met Gavin. He was miserable, just like me and we cried it out with each other. His boyfriend had left him and his child and moved back to Italy. Aldon is his child, he was bron from a one night stand before Gavin met his boyfriend, the girl was young and her parents said she had to have an abortion or give the child away when it was born. When Aldon was born he was given to his biological father, Gavin. Gavin raised Aldon with his boyfriend who then left the both of them. A year after leaving them, the boyfriend called Gavin asking if he could see Aldon. Gavin and his ex boyfriend are now close friends and Gavin goes to Italy every summer so Aldon can see his papa and Gavin can set his mind to rest.

"Sing Billie!" Aldon says as he looks at the guitar I was holding in the cutest way. "Were you writing a new song?" Gavin asks curious. "Yeah kinda, but I'm not sure about it." I shrug. "Let me hear it." He answers.

"Sure wait a sec."

—————

"Where did you go?
I should know, but it's cold
And I don't wanna be lonely
Was hoping you'd come home
I don't care if it's a lie"

I finish.

I notice a tear rolling down my cheek at the end. I didn't notice I was crying all along while singing this song for Gavin.

"Aw don't cry Billie, it's okay." Aldon says and rubs my leg with his little hand in an attempt to comfort me.

"Is this another song about the mysterious girl from your mysterious past?" Gavin sighs. I nod softly. "You gotta find her, no matter how much she broke your heart you obviously still gave her that heart and she obviously still holds it with both her hands waiting for you to return." He says.

"She's not waiting for me. She moved on. Just like I have to do." I protest.

I look down at my phone that had just indicated a new message.

Claudia: watching your show tonight, good luck girl🍀

I smile at the little reminder I still have friends like Claudia.

Gavin and I are being payed by a local bar just out of town for playing songs there every night, so that's what we do every night. About a year ago I met Claudia in that bar after one of the shows and we started talking and I got to know she lives near the bar.

Gavin and I live in a beach house that's been given to him by his parents. Living in a beach town is really cool.

I'd say I prefer winters over summers because winters here are peaceful, we can go out with the boat when the weather allows us.

In summer we can't, because the beach is over populated and the only 'things' allowed in the water near the coast are people, surfboards and little kids boats.

Aldon actually goes surfing a lot during summer.

"Okay, well, if you don't wanna see her then that's your choice , but I know she's not over you, not over a girl like you, she could never." He says.

"You don't know her." I glare at him.

"But I know you." He shrugs.