5. Memories

Billie's POV
When I wake up I notice we fell asleep on the boat. I only now realize how cold it gets on the water, early in the mornings.

"Hey, Sam wake up." I whisper. She just turns around and keeps sleeping. "Sam hey wake the fuck up." I try again. "10 more minutes." She mumbles.

"Samantha wake the fuck up." I say louder this time.

She immediately sits up and if looks could kill-

I'd be dead right now.

"Don't you dare to ever call me that again." She says. "Now I know what to say when I want your attention." I smirk.

"I hate you." She mumbles.

"No you don't." I laugh.

"No quite the opposite." She says as she turns around to face me. She reaches out to cup my face but I pull away a little.

"About last night." I say.

"Oh god- no."

"Look Sam. You were right you were there and
she was not but I was there with her. I know it
might sound bratty or whatever but I never ASKED YOU to be here I never demanded for
you to mend the broken pieces. And I feel
bad- I really do. But Jules will always be there I can't help that."

"Whatever Billie. You're right. I don't have the right to take parts that were never mine to begin with." She says.

I can't understand what she's trying to say- is she actually saying last night was a mistake or is she just trying to make it seem that way so she can stay close to me?

"You know what?" Sam says. "Let's just get to
my apartment to have breakfast."

—————

Once we get to her apartment, Sam starts preparing breakfast and since she declined any of my help, I walk up to the huge aquarium that's set up against her wall, covering almost a complete wall in her living room.

I remember this aquarium from last time I was here, all the colorful fish. It's so beautiful.

"Changed a lot huh, since last time you were here." She says with the proudest smile.

I frown at her not knowing what she's talking about. This aquarium looks exactly the same like last time.

"Aw come on Bil don't say you see it. All the plants have been replaced and my guppies are almost over populating and my neon tetra's are gone and I have angelfish now and I have different kinds of dwarf plecos now and more species of snails and new-"

"Yeah, now I see it, it looks cool Sam." I say in an attempt to shut her up.

"I know right." Aw she's so cute looking all proud. Sometimes lying is for the better.

"That one is cool." I say and point with my finger against the glass at a fish that's white with black spots.

"Don't ya remember the two rules there are about looking at this aquarium?" She sighs.

"Yeah I do, never take a fish or any living thing out and never touch the glass." I answer.

"Exactly." She answers.

"But that were rules for Aldon, right?" I ask. "No for everyone who's name is not Sam Ralph." She answer.

"I'm sorry." I roll my eyes. "It's fine you luckily didn't scare the cool fish." She says. "What's his name?" She just shrugs her shoulders to that question.

"What? You don't name your pets?" I ask shocked.

"What's the point in naming fish, they ain't gonna listen when I call them." She answers.

"That's basically neglecting them, they have every right on having a name."

"What are you waiting on? Go ahead and give them a name, good luck with that though. I'ma eat my pancakes while you do that." She laughs.

"Oh god pancakes? The naming can wait." I say, following her to the kitchen.

----------

After eating our breakfast, we both went on with our day. Sam went to her bar to prepare to open today and I went home where I worked on some more songs and watched Gavin clean the house a little and Ollie who went over some more theoretical stuff for the surf contest with Aldon.

It was just a day like another, but I couldn't get the thought of that mysterious Instagram account out of my head. So I decided to look at it another time, to see the owner of the account posted something on their story. Opening the story, I see just a couple of people - probably their friends - somewhere by the lake.

Looking closer at some of the pics I feel like this persons feels so familiar and strange at the same time. When it strats to fuck up my head too much, I close the app and decide to go for a walk, leaving my phone inside.

My walk leads me without me realizing it to Gavin's boat, so what I do is take the keys and go for a little trip on the water. This is something that I'd never be able to do if I stayed in my hometown but that I sometimes need.

Going for trips like this on the water - with or without friends - Always reminds me of the time when Robbie took Green and Red to the Island to make us get along better, the time when Jules and I became official, the beginning of the end again. If I had known it back then I wouldn't have gone back to her-

No what am I telling myself, going back to her was the best descision I could've make. It did mess me up again, but it was so good as long as it lasted.

I just want an explenation. I don't want her back, I just want to see her and have her explain me why she did all of that to me.

I sigh and shake my head at that thought. I don't think she's ever gonna come back. She's not gonna. I just have to remind myself of that.

----------

Once I'm back home it's late in the afternoon already. The sun is high in the sky giving her best self, bruning the skin of all the tourists covering the beach already, this early in the summer season.

I'm happy to be met by Aldon running to me. "Billie, go with me to the beach. I wanna go, daddy doesn't wanna." He whines. "Fine. I'll go, but not too long because Billie and daddy have to work soon, alright." I tell him. "Go get changed in your swimming shorts." I add and smile at the sparkles appearing in his eyes.

He was made to live in a beach town like this. He loves the water so much, you don't even know.

A second later he's back in his bright blue swimming shorts with little red crab drawings covering it, this cutest thing ever.

"You gotta change too." He says. "What? No, I'm not gonna go in the water." I shake my head. "But you have to." He pouds.

"Alright, I'll go too." I sigh. You can't refuse those big brown puppy eyes of him.

----------

So with that I first spend some time with Aldon in the water and after that we all ate and made our way to the bar to do our work.