8. What an offer

*authors note*
Surprise I didn't reread this, sorry for spelling mistakes and such. If you're allergic to that feel free to point them out in a polite way. Thank you

—————

Billie's POV
I wake up in a very small room. The morning light is shining through the window, as someone already opened the curtains. As I take a good look, I vaguely remember this guy - very handsome must I say - what was his name again?

Right, Eros.

Wait we didn't-

I pull the blankets off of me to see I'm left in my bra and shorts that aren't mine.

Wait, where's Eros?

I get up and leave the room to find out I'm in some type of caravan.

The door is open, showing Eros making breakfast outside.

"Morning." I mumble and walk outside and sit down in one of the chairs.

"Good morning Billie, would you mind putting on a shirt? The camping side can see you i. Your bra right now." Eros laughs.

"Oh my god, right." I mumble and return to the room to grab my shirt.

Then I just sit down in the chair again.

"So is there any possibility you remember what happened yesterday?" I ask. "Right uh, where did you mr brain leave you?" He asks. "We smoked?" I frown.

"Right, then we went back partying for a couple hours, we - uh you - got pretty drunk and wanted to leave because you were ranting about some Jules girl and some Sam girl leaving you and all that, so that's when I took you here because I didn't know where I should've dropped you off." He explains.

"We didn't uh-" I ask, afraid for his answer.

"Nah, don't worry, I also am not completely into that." He explains.

"Into that being girl? Sex? Into what?" I ask.

"Just like the whole sex thing I'm not really for that, more an intimate connection with someone." He explains.

"You really are the god of love huh." I laugh.

He just shrugs and hands me a plate with eggs and toast and some coffee.

"Thank you." I smile.

He sits down in front of me with his own plate and starts eating.

"What did we do when we got here?" I ask. "Basically drank gin tonics and star gazed." He says.

"I think I can remember some of that." I nod.

—————

"So what you up to today?" Eros asks when we finish doing the dishes.

"Not really anything, probably gonna check in on my people, letting them know I'm still alive." I say. "Care to do that later and spend the day on the beach with me today?" He asks. "I ain't really the hanging-on-the-beach-all-day-type." I shrug. "So you're telling me you literally live in a beach town like this and you don't like the beach?" He laughs.

"Yeah, I do like the beach, I just don't like hanging there and doing nothing." I answer.

"Right, what about surfing? You know how to surf?" He asks. "The basics, yeah." I nod. "Well let's do that then."

"Fine." I agree to that.

—————

After surfing for a couple of hours with Eros, basically having the time of my life, I have to face an angry Sam and a worried Gavin.

I decide to first do the last one, the easiest.

So with that I go back home, where I indeed find Gavin.

"God Billie where were you? I paid a babysit for Aldon when in fact I should be paying one for you. You're what? 20? Is that really too old to let me know where you were. I was worried alright." He says. The typical thing.

"Yeah, 20 indeed. So what you gonna do about it? I'm literally a grown up, but for your information. I was with this guy, Eros, a tourist. He took me to his camping side and we spent the day together too alright." I tell him.

"Okay so, you ignore me for wanting you back with Jules by going with Sam and after that you break Sam's heart by having a one night stand with some Greek god. Gosh Billie, you're messing the fuck up, really. Get your shit together." He says.

"No, because I didn't have sex with him. We watched the stars and drank gin tonics." I sigh.

"Well, then I suggest you go pay Sam a visit because she needs to talk to you and has something important to say and she's mad." He says, trying to keep calm.

"Yeah, I'll go do that. I'll see you- whenever." I say and leave the house again.

—————

"Okay so that's now what we'll be doing huh, just disappearing on me like that? For god sake Billie someone could've kidnapped you or raped you or killed you." Sam yells at me when I explained her what happened.

"So first of all, are we now gonna pretend you weren't the one disappearing on me first? And second of all, I was in a fighting gang, you really think I wouldn't have been able to protect myself. Well fuck you Sam." I yell back.

"You are so fucking childish, you really are now mad at me for yelling at you because you just left with some stranger, of course I'm gonna be mad." She yells back.

"No that's not fucking of course cuz I didn't have sex with Eros, I didn't even kiss him so I don't know what you're yelling about. And even if I did kiss him it wouldn't have to bother you cuz we aren't exclusive so you have no saying over me. And you were the first one leaving me all alone so you literally have no reason to be fucking mad alright."

I shake my head and am about to turn around, this is ridiculous.

"But you disappeared with some stranger who could've done anything he wanted to you without any of us knowing and I disappeared with two of my best friends who by the way did me a great offer that might've interested you too." She says.

"What kind of offer?" I ask.

"Look, you might be mad at me now and I understand - kinda I guess - but they did a great offer and it's one for you too. I already said I'm in on it and no matter what you want to do I won't change my mind. I'm gonna go no matter you're gonna tag along or not." She says.

"To where? Just tell me okay." I sigh.

"So, they have a sailing race coming up soon, a long one. For 3 to 6 months depending how far you get. They need another sailor on there team and since I used to sail in free time with them, they asked me if I'd interested so I said I am." She explains.

"And where do I get in on this story?" I ask confused.

"They need maintenance guy - I mean girl - more on the team and they said if I knew someone I should let them know. I was thinking about you, you know the basics of sailing boat, you'd be perfect for that role." She says.

"So you're asking me to leave Gavin, Aldon and Claudia behind here on there own to sail around the world?" I ask.

"Isn't that amazing?" She asks excited.

"That's fucking selfish, Sam." I shake my head.

"Just think about it." She says when I'm already turned around and walking to the door to leave Sam's apartment.

"I will." I answer and shut the door behind me.